Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which Model

Tip us?

ShowMeMo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Which Model

No doubt this is a question that has already been asked and answered. However, since I can't find it, I'm forced to bring this up one more time. I'm getting ready to shop for a new smartphone, and I am trying to choose between the S4 and the S5. It is my intent to get an unlocked phone, and I use primarily AT&T's networks. There are multiple variants of each of these phones out there, some of which will work for 4g LTE in the US on AT&T's networks, and some which will not. So, my first question is which models, or variants, of each of these devices do I want to consider? My second question is one of is it worth it to pay the premium for the S5 over the S4. I would have thought my timing was such that prices on the S4 would be dropping around now, just like they did on the S3 when the S4 came out. But I'm not seeing much in the way of a reduction in prices. If it's less than $100 premium for the S5, I guess I might as well bite the bullet. So, any direction or help will be greatly appreciated.

Cozmo1
Old
(Last edited by Cozmo1; 28th March 2014 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Pay extra and get the S5, or save money and get the S4. The S5 is flashier of course, but really isn't worth the extra cost, imo. I upgraded from the S3 to the S4 and in hindsight I shouldn't of done so. It was not anywhere near worth it as an upgrade and my S3 didn't and still doesn't have a locked bootloader. Most likely in getting the S4 you will be on mf3 or mk2, but being AT&T the S5 will have a locked bootloader as well. Contrary to popular belief this doesn't make it the end of the world for the S4 or S5 as they're still awesome phones. This boils down to what you want to do with your phone and if you're wanting to root and install custom roms with anything asides of the stock kernel. So back to the beginning. Get the S4 if saving money is important, get the S5 if latest and greatest is most important. Both are great choices and you won't go wrong with either unless of course you do want to install non touchwiz custom roms.
[ROM][2.3.6] AT&T Galaxy S II - CoZ ROM is here.
[GUIDE] Prep for App2SD and why do a "Wipe data / factory reset"
Get a Dropbox account. Click here!

Samsung Galaxy S IV (Current)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Backup)
Samsung Galaxy S II (Testing# 2)
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013
HP Touchpad

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13634
Please go here...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433789
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe