View Poll Results: Would you get this USB flash drive for Android and iOS?
Yes, it would be great to expand my storage! 3 75.00%
No, I won't. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

Nano USB Flash Drive Storage for Android and iOS

OP wbulbs

7th February 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hey guys!

I was desperately looking for a nice small flash drive for Android and iOS but I didn't find the right solution. Just the bulky ones.

So I decided to develop my own product with help of an engineering company. But before starting further development I want to know if you would get such a micro usb flash drive.

Check out the website with alpha design: www.matcha-t.com/

How many of you would be interested on getting one of these?

Thanks!
7th February 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,103
 
2,829 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbulbs

Hey guys!

I was desperately looking for a nice small flash drive for Android and iOS but I didn't find the right solution. Just the bulky ones.

So I decided to develop my own product with help of an engineering company. But before starting further development I want to know if you would get such a micro usb flash drive.

Check out the website with alpha design: www.matcha-t.com/

How many of you would be interested on getting one of these?

Thanks!

So it's like Sandisk Cruzer Fit flash drive with two shorted pins to turn it into OTG flash drive? Sounds cool, but the question is if you can plug it into a regular PC/Mac usb port to copy files to/from? Another food for thought, keep in mind for your design that a lot of people use bulky phone/tablet cases to protect their devices, and you need to take this into account so it works with cases. Btw, here is what I use for my OTG storage drive needs, mostly to watch movies loaded on Cruzer Fit drive: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2107985
8th February 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,103
 
2,829 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar.k

Did you ever see a wifi storage box? That's a storae, but you can read fils in it with your cellphone through wifi, I don't think people have a need for your product.

Hey Jar, give the guy a break. Kind of a harsh reply, don't you think? I mean, some of us might not have a need for such product, but we can't speak for everybody, right? He is just trying to get some feedback, maybe even trying to figure out if he should take his idea to KS or IGG.
23rd March 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 123
 
440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar.k

Did you ever see a wifi storage box? That's a storae, but you can read fils in it with your cellphone through wifi, I don't think people have a need for your product.

...thereby having an extra battery to charge and reducing the duration of the other. Same issue with smart watches
23rd March 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I have the feeling this will be less necessary, now that 128 GB microSD cards have actually come out.
23rd March 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 123
 
440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmanley87

I have the feeling this will be less necessary, now that 128 GB microSD cards have actually come out.

Nexus, Xperia U, ... users disagree
23rd March 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo

Nexus, Xperia U, ... users disagree

I'm a Nexus user myself, I was thinking with the MeeGo device lol. Didn't mean to sound rude there.
28th March 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
thanks but that site not working....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Accessories by ThreadRank