5,600,571 Members 33,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 bootloader/No knox/no binary count/wi-fi working (Alternative) for GT-N7100

Tip us?

James62370
Old
(Last edited by James62370; 2nd March 2014 at 05:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Hello and thank you for your development...

I stumbled upon here after upgrading my T-Mobile Note 2 to Android 4.3 - I did not do the OTA update so I am currently on a modified bootloader which allows my wifi to work without using the devil kernel. The issues I'm having is random reboots, and often times the phone seems to just hang.

I was wondering if your mod would work on the T-Mobile Variant, SGH-T889. I would like to stay on 4.3 but with some many random reboots and hanging issues, it's tough to stay updated.

I have tried practically all custom 4.3 rom variants. None appear to be stable, and I don't wish to upgrade to the latest bootloader at this time. Though, my warranty is almost up, I might just have to go that route if I can't find a more stable solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: Since removing the modified bootloader from Dr. Ketan for the T-Mobile Variant of the Note 2, random reboots have stopped, however sometimes the phone does still hang. This however might be Rom or Kernel related.

markj11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I am a bit confused, i click on the link in the 1st post and there are a few options, which is the '
Package with mj5 bootloader and mj9 modem [BTU] UK'

Many Thanks

My Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) - Running Unofficial CyanogenMod11 Linaro (Quickly... )
HTC Desire X - Running MIUI - (slowly.... )

Salim.Keady
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Is there any wy to flash this without odin cz odin dont recognize my device...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I Helped Hit THANKS
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Past Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Iphone 4s (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sold)
Iphone 4 (Sold)
HTC One X (Sold)
HTC Sensation XE (Sold)
HTC Sensation XL (Sold)
HTC Desire HD (Sold)
HTC HD2 (R.I.P)

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim.Keady View Post
Is there any wy to flash this without odin cz odin dont recognize my device...
First you have to install Samsung mobile USB driver and connect your phone (booted to OS and with USB debugging enabled), so the installation gets completely finished after ca 1 min.

As you seem to be novice, I would excersize with flashing recoveries with Odin, until you're sure all works. If you start with bootloader and Odin stucks when it shouldn't, your device will be hard-bricked.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my 50 cents to XDA community: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 help thread, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 Jét dual-boot full guide
Happy user of the amazing i9000 / love to help, but don't PM me technical questions
Dual-boot on: Dell D530 Ubuntu/WinXPx86, S8000 TW/JétDroid, P5110 NEXT-kernel-2.1.6, N7100 Devil2-kernel&recovery

CitizenLee
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj11 View Post
Hi,

I am a bit confused, i click on the link in the 1st post and there are a few options, which is the '
Package with mj5 bootloader and mj9 modem [BTU] UK'

Many Thanks
Struggling to find this too.

I did try flashing the file in "4.3 Kernel stuff" but it fails in Odin.

I'm currenty having reboot issues on Dr Ketan V6... every time I reboot my phone or try and enter recovery it goes into Download Mode or shows the Firmware Update Failed screen. I then have to pull the battery, which will then boot to Philz.
Google Nexus 5|Samsung Galaxy Note 2|Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1