[Q] How to disable hands free activation request?

134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
By dreamer609, Senior Member on 28th March 2014, 03:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I had my sprint s4 flashed to page plus, which as you probably know, is a Verizon 3g prepaid network (it serves my needs well so far). Previously, I had to send the phone to back to Samsung for warranty repair.when it came back, it had 4.42 Knox, and hands free activation request. When I had it De knoxed, rooted, and re flashed to page plus again, the activation was still there on the stock rom. Installed a rom (aosp) and it was gone. I went back to touch wiz rom, and it's back again on this particular rom. How do I disable the nagging activation request? I have heard some people mention s particular file, but I also hear that it disables prl update. But as I am on a Verizon network that is not sprint do I need prl to update capability anyway? Thanks for any advice and my apologies as this is obviously a noob question.
28th March 2014, 04:10 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 14
I just found a very helpful video on it actually. I am going to see if this works but I am still curious about if I need prl update capability being on a Verizon network?
Remove Hands Free Activation Samsung Galaxy S4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread