[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC Droid DNA CodefireX Official Nightlies

Search This thread

Bakumatsu

Nov 9, 2011
Kyiv
There has to be an answer somewhere on this board. I'll just keep spamming until I get banned or someone offers something no one else has.

Do you have latest hboot (1.54.0000) and Radio (1.01.01.1112) ?

Q: What are the advantages to flashing newer firmware?
A: (hboot) Compatibility with future software from HTC.
A: (radio) This could potentially resolve any connection issues, or low signal quality, that your device may have.

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Do you have latest hboot (1.54.0000) and Radio (1.01.01.1112) ?

Q: What are the advantages to flashing newer firmware?
A: (hboot) Compatibility with future software from HTC.
A: (radio) This could potentially resolve any connection issues, or low signal quality, that your device may have.

Well. I'm pretty sure I updated them weeks ago. Let's see. I'm actually in the bootloader right now.

Hboot: 1.54
Radio: 1.01.01.1112

I'd call that a big yes. :/

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Well. I'm pretty sure I updated them weeks ago. Let's see. I'm actually in the bootloader right now.

Hboot: 1.54
Radio: 1.01.01.1112

I'd call that a big yes. :/

Verizon is sending me another phone. It will be here tomorrow and we'll try again. Many thanks to everyone who attempted to help.

Stay tuned...

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Phone replaced. No help. SIM replaced. Issues resolved.

Latest CodeFire Nightly installed. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the input!

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
Annnnd the texting problem is back.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Go to Settings>More and tell us what SMS app is selected. I've heard there are problems if Hangouts is selected. Since the day I flashed this ROM I've had mine set to Messaging and have had zero problems. Even across multiple nightly updates.

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Go to Settings>More and tell us what SMS app is selected. I've heard there are problems if Hangouts is selected. Since the day I flashed this ROM I've had mine set to Messaging and have had zero problems. Even across multiple nightly updates.

Confirmed it's set to messaging.

Just for grins, selected Hangouts, then Messaging again. No help. I get the same thing. I can send a text, then trying to send a subsequent message results in the message showing "SENDING" for about 30 seconds. Then I get "Message Not Sent".

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
Confirmed it's set to messaging.

Just for grins, selected Hangouts, then Messaging again. No help. I get the same thing. I can send a text, then trying to send a subsequent message results in the message showing "SENDING" for about 30 seconds. Then I get "Message Not Sent".

Is this on the new DNA with new SIM card or old DNA with new SIM card?

Reactions: mdphoenix

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
Old DNA, new SIM. Shall I S-Off and Root the new one and try again?

The old DNA sends SMS successfully on a stock ROM.

May be a long shot with the old DNA but you can always try and flash a new radio download. Maybe something with the radio you have doesn't like AOSP ROMs. Anyway, if it was me, I'd have had the new DNA s-offed, rooted and running a custom ROM within five minutes of turning it on.

Reactions: mdphoenix

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
May be a long shot with the old DNA but you can always try and flash a new radio download. Maybe something with the radio you have doesn't like AOSP ROMs. Anyway, if it was me, I'd have had the new DNA s-offed, rooted and running a custom ROM within five minutes of turning it on.

The "old" DNA is only a month old or so old to me.

I didn't root the new one because I already have a perfect screen protector on the old one and didn't wanna drop the 11 bucks to have the guy @ the mall install a new one if not necessary. I realize it's a "simple" process, but I've tried numerous times to no avail.

The current radio is 1.01.01.1112. Suggest another. I'll flash it and see what happens.

Thanks!

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
The "old" DNA is only a month old or so old to me.

I didn't root the new one because I already have a perfect screen protector on the old one and didn't wanna drop the 11 bucks to have the guy @ the mall install a new one if not necessary. I realize it's a "simple" process, but I've tried numerous times to no avail.

The current radio is 1.01.01.1112. Suggest another. I'll flash it and see what happens.

Thanks!

I did see above that you are on the latest hboot and radios but maybe something isn't playing well. Try downloading the latest hboot and radio from the below link and flash them. Or if you want a real challenge RUU the phone back to locked, s-on stock, take any OTA updates and then s-off and root again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612740

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I did see above that you are on the latest hboot and radios but maybe something isn't playing well. Try downloading the latest hboot and radio from the below link and flash them. Or if you want a real challenge RUU the phone back to locked, s-on stock, take any OTA updates and then s-off and root again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612740

For the record, I just re-locked and S-On the phone two days ago when I knew my replacement was coming. When I found that the new phone exhibited the same "stuck in 3G" issue as the old one, I knew the SIM card was the culprit. Once the new SIM card resolved the 3G issue, I decided to stick with the old phone and just performed the S-Off and RumRunner last night. Then flashed CodeFire and was happy with it until I realized the SMS problem was back.

I'll re-flash the radio and H-Boot.

Standby.

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
For the record, I just re-locked and S-On the phone two days ago when I knew my replacement was coming. When I found that the new phone exhibited the same "stuck in 3G" issue as the old one, I knew the SIM card was the culprit. Once the new SIM card resolved the 3G issue, I decided to stick with the old phone and just performed the S-Off and RumRunner last night. Then flashed CodeFire and was happy with it until I realized the SMS problem was back.

I'll re-flash the radio and H-Boot.

Standby.
If you did an RUU and did a fresh unlock with rumrunner you should have the freshest hboot and radio. Instead go back to an older version of the CFX ROM, like the initial release, and see if the problem persists.

Edit: make sure it's a clean install with no titanium restore if you go that route.

Last edited:

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
If you did an RUU and did a fresh unlock with rumrunner you should have the freshest hboot and radio. Instead go back to an older version of the CFX ROM, like the initial release, and see if the problem persists.

Edit: make sure it's a clean install with no titanium restore if you go that route.

Each of the installations I've performed have been entirely clean. No restored data.

Just instaleld full_dlx-cfxe-OPENMASTER-20140222.025343 and the same thing right away. All I have is the ROM. No GApps. Nothing. And after sending the first Text, any after fails until I cycle Airplane mode.

I did Factory Reset, Wipe Dalvik and Factory Reset again after flashing.

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
Each of the installations I've performed have been entirely clean. No restored data.

Just instaleld full_dlx-cfxe-OPENMASTER-20140222.025343 and the same thing right away. All I have is the ROM. No GApps. Nothing. And after sending the first Text, any after fails until I cycle Airplane mode.

I did Factory Reset, Wipe Dalvik and Factory Reset again after flashing.

This is very strange indeed and I'm at a loss right now. Best I can suggest is to rumrunner your new device, install the official TWRP 2.7, pop in the new SIM, clean install the latest CFX ROM and see if the same problem persists. I'm thinking it's something to do with your old DNA but what the root cause is I don't know.

Best of luck my friend.

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
This is very strange indeed and I'm at a loss right now. Best I can suggest is to rumrunner your new device, install the official TWRP 2.7, pop in the new SIM, clean install the latest CFX ROM and see if the same problem persists. I'm thinking it's something to do with your old DNA but what the root cause is I don't know.

Best of luck my friend.

I sincerely appreciate your diligence. I'll set up the new unit as soon as I can and report back.

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
You. Are. Not. Going. To. Believe. This.

New phone. New Sim. Rumrunner'd. Latest Codefire. Can NOT send subsequent texts without cycling Airplane mode. What in the everloving hell is going on here?

You have got to be Sh1tt1ng me!!! Now I have absolutely no clue other than to say it's ROM related since it's the only constant variable. But, it's working for others which throws a wrench in that theory. Only thing I can think of is get logs of the errors on both devices, post them here and see if someone with stronger brain cells can figure it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC Droid DNA CodefireX Official Nightlies

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com
    Official thread

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.

Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

• T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    • Quick Settings panel customizations.
    • Live network stats in your statusbar.
    • Button backlight customizations.
    • Hardware button customizations.
    • Volume button customizations.
    • Many more being added during the nightly builds.
    pre_1391201067__d92id.png

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

• The Android Open Source Project
    • LLVM CI
    • Linux Foundation
    • Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • CyanogenMod Inc.
    • Chainfire
    • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CodefireX Droid DNA, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    danjull, synergye, bigrushdog
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-10
    Last Updated 2014-02-21
    I thank @danjull for doing a great job bringing up DNA for us.

I tried flashing dalvik-sense libs and it forever showed the ROM's boot animation, flash bionic and it doesnt even get passed the HTC screen... Sucks :\

Stay away from all the qcom opt libs. They will break your build. You will notice, if you look in the zip, it contains libm and libcutils. Those libs, especially libm (bionic) are core libraries. On M7 (HTC One) and S4 (One X) we compile our builds with several of the static qcom opt libaries, including dalvik, skia, and sqlite. We also include the dalvik opt shared library in those builds. I emailed @danjull to run a build with some special CodefireX build flags

Code:
    # CFX and QCOM Optimization
    BOARD_USES_LIBQC_OPT := true
    ARCH_ARM_HIGH_OPTIMIZATION := true

Once he confirms win, you'll have qcom opt builds with -O3 arm and thumb optimized win.

Any chance of bloatware removal in the future such as the 3rd part File explorer among other things

Here's the deal. I hate bloat as much as the next guy. At the same time, I have to look at things from a project wide perspective. This is why I decided a packaged file browser is a vital addition. Many people choose (very wisely) to not run Android with GApps. Being the case, if the user came from a fresh wipe, they would have absolutely no way of navigating their file system. In my judgement, that user would be left severely crippled. So I found a free, lightweight, and OPEN SOURCE file manager that is not absolute junk. Just to be fair, I bet you wouldn't ask @cyanogen to remove CMFileManager from his manifest :p:p

I have some great features in the works like button configuration execute any action or package.

If you guys get a chance, switch to ART and run some AnTuTu against some other builds. You'll see what's up. Have fun!
    New build with bigrushdog's optimization flags up in OP.
    Official nightlies are now up and running. First build is up now! Link in OP.
    CFX team is split up. 4/2 was the last update. :(

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app