So how does the USB Mass Storage Work?

28th March 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 238

1,356 posts
More
I have a 64GB Card in my phone.

I can switch it to Mass Storage USB. But all that shows up is a "Emulated CD" (like you get on some USB Sticks) and it has HTC Sync Install Kit.

You can't delete it or anything.

How can I access my SD Card Via USB Mass Storage?
28th March 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Testing with a 32GB microSD card I have seemed to work. It initially came up in "HTC Sync Manager" (MTP) mode, but tapping the "USB File sharing" notification and selecting "Disk Drive" caused 2 USB Storage devices to appear, one CD-ROM containing the HTC Sync Manager software, the second storage device was the microSD card (which was automatically unmounted on the phone).
28th March 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 238

1,356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbritton

Testing with a 32GB microSD card I have seemed to work. It initially came up in "HTC Sync Manager" (MTP) mode, but tapping the "USB File sharing" notification and selecting "Disk Drive" caused 2 USB Storage devices to appear, one CD-ROM containing the HTC Sync Manager software, the second storage device was the microSD card (which was automatically unmounted on the phone).

Thanks.

My SD Card at some point just went off line. Working Now.

I think it was working, because Camera asked about putting photos on SD Card and I said yes. But I'm not sure if that was perhaps the internal SD.

I pulled SD out and in and now I get two USB Storage Devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread