Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 39,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to emit IR signal at desired frequency?

Tip us?

frankp124
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default App to emit IR signal at desired frequency?

I'm sorry, this probably belongs in the "Apps" part of this forum.... but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of an app like this? I specifically want my OGP IR port to be able to emit a 56kHz signal. I am using an Arduino-powered infrared receiver for a project for my Engineering class and I wanted to test it, but I do not have access to a 56kHz IR beam anywhere besides in the Lab--to which I have limited access.

If I can't make the phone do the 56kHz signal is there any other at-home method for me to accomplish this?

Thanks!
LG Optimus G Pro (LG E980)
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Tilt 2
(HTC) AT&T Tilt
LG CG-110
Landline

Kriggs
Old
Thanks Meter 10
As long as I recall LG didn`t give us documentation to work with the IR Emitter, only their app can do so and it isn't open source, so your with no luck, find a button from an appliance in the app that transmit at that frequency or can't be done (from what I researched.).

KennyWRX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You can get something like this. You should be able to drive it from a signal generator (typically available in labs) or off of any headphone jack provided you use some sort of amplifier (say LM741 w/ gain set to 10-20) to get the signal up to 3-5v. You can use a phone with a signal generator app or even "playback" a square wave signal. Any device with a headphone jack should work, provided you "playback" the appropriate signal. Measure max output from your source and compute required gain.