Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My status bar is burned in.

Tip us?

Aftcomet
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default My status bar is burned in.

On my S3 that's almost going to be 2 years old now, the status bar has left a ghosted image. So when I'm watching NHL Game center or anything that is full screen its extremely noticeable.

Anyway, I'm going to try an app that flashes RGB in a cycle for the night at full brightness to see if anything changes.

I thought OLEDs weren't prone to burn in?

xhozt
Old
Thanks Meter 21
you were misinformed ..
They can burn in over time .

samsung GS3 stock KK

Former toys
samsung captivate
HTC PURE
Stock ROM 6.5
lg-incite v10h exchanged
blackjack1 retired but still in use .

petenatas
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftcomet View Post
On my S3 that's almost going to be 2 years old now, the status bar has left a ghosted image. So when I'm watching NHL Game center or anything that is full screen its extremely noticeable.

Anyway, I'm going to try an app that flashes RGB in a cycle for the night at full brightness to see if anything changes.

I thought OLEDs weren't prone to burn in?
From Wikipedia :

Plasma displays were once highly susceptible to burn-in, while LCD-type displays are generally less so. Because of the more rapid luminance degradation of current organic compounds used in OLED-type displays, OLED is even more susceptible to burn-in than plasma

Aftcomet
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well I ran a program called "Screen Burn-In Tool" that's on Google Play. Set the phone to full brightness, and ran it overnight for about 12 hours.

It's reduced the burn-in significantly. Now it's only really noticeable on a completely Blue screen. Other than that, on other colors it's virtually gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aftcomet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]