Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to mute camera sounds? LG G2 D802 EU

Tip us?
 
AngryMister
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2014
Unhappy [Q] How to mute camera sounds? LG G2 D802 EU

I need to mute camera sounds on my LG G2 D802 european version. There's no mute button in camera options and I need to mute camera sounds (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) WITHOUT ROOT!

_____________________
Can anyone help me?
 
z0phi3l
Old
#2  
z0phi3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 402
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Waterbury
Open the camera, click on the great, select none in shutter sound

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Devices
MyTouch 3G, Nexus One, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S3/Kindle Fire, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G2/Nexus 7
 
Wally79
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMister View Post
I need to mute camera sounds on my LG G2 D802 european version. There's no mute button in camera options and I need to mute camera sounds (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) WITHOUT ROOT!

_____________________
Can anyone help me?
Put the phone in Quiet Mode, this disables the camera click sound.
 
Henkiestyle
Old
#4  
Henkiestyle's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Amersfoort, NL
I had the same issue and I noticed, like Wally79 says, that the sound goes off whenever you put it in quiet mode.
Though putting your device into quiet mode every time before you launch the camera is a pain. So I downloaded and installed Llama, which allows you to set up automation rules, like "when I open camera, put phone in quiet mode". This automates the process and you will never heard a sound from your camera again
 
MichaelFreeman
Old
(Last edited by MichaelFreeman; 9th June 2014 at 05:44 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally79 View Post
Put the phone in Quiet Mode, this disables the camera click sound.
Not with my UK EE LG G2 it does NOT! It's updated to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Android BTW.
Is there not another way of deleting 'cameraclick.ogg' without rooting the phone? Rooting the phone for something like this is rather time consuming and a bit of a joke IMHO.
'Silent Camera' does not work either as I normally use Camera Zoom FX (brilliant!).

I keep wondering why, in this day and age that phone companies still want to keep so much control when they know you cannot leave them and the inbuilt technology makes it nigh on impossible to sell the phone whilst in contract.

Michael
 
bachera
Old
#6  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 1,442
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFreeman View Post
Not with my UK EE LG G2 it does NOT! It's updated to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Android BTW.
Is there not another way of deleting 'cameraclick.ogg' without rooting the phone? Rooting the phone for something like this is rather time consuming and a bit of a joke IMHO.
'Silent Camera' does not work either as I normally use Camera Zoom FX (brilliant!).

I keep wondering why, in this day and age that phone companies still want to keep so much control when they know you cannot leave them and the inbuilt technology makes it nigh on impossible to sell the phone whilst in contract.

Michael
wel thats not entirely right, its not LG, its local lobyist/politics for country version phone that dont want people taking photos unnoticed.
 
erto90
Old
#7  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 669
Posts: 3,049
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Firenze ( Florence )

 
DONATE TO ME
G2 tweaksbox got the option to add mute sounf to g2 camera click, works also on xdabbed camera
Sent by another world called Tasso



Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Please support our electronic music project!!
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory
 
MichaelFreeman
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
wel thats not entirely right, its not LG, its local lobyist/politics for country version phone that dont want people taking photos unnoticed.
Erm: - It Requires Root Access

If I decide to have root access I won't need this program would I?
Did we miss that somewhere along the line?
Michael
 
bachera
Old
#9  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 1,442
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFreeman View Post
Erm: - It Requires Root Access

If I decide to have root access I won't need this program would I?
Did we miss that somewhere along the line?
Michael
ofcourse there are workarounds, however just pointing out the reason its there
 
MichaelFreeman
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
ofcourse there are workarounds, however just pointing out the reason its there
..and those workarounds would be? ...
Michael

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more