5,605,120 Members 37,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[recovery][p7300/p7310] twrp 2.6.3.0

Tip us?

abadan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
hi.

would you please port 2.7.0.0 for our tab??

DemonGloom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadan View Post
hi.

would you please port 2.7.0.0 for our tab??
There are no commits on their github (https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...ommits/twrp2.7) since Nov 03, 2013. We already have them all as I've built recovery with latest source on January 2014. Or they forgot to commit their changes to github
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Just noticed that "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" is checked by default. What's the difference between the two commands?

DemonGloom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZLeeP View Post
Just noticed that "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" is checked by default. What's the difference between the two commands?
rm -rf just deletes files. That command is always safe. Formatting creates new file system, it can be dangerous.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonGloom View Post
rm -rf just deletes files. That command is always safe. Formatting creates new file system, it can be dangerous.
Thanks, googled it as well. "rm -rf" is similar to "delete_recursive". But I always do "format" command in updater-script, which I think, correct me if I'm wrong is similar to the format function in recovery wherein you have to set the type of file system because this command invokes "mkfs".
Tags
p7300, p7310, twrp