HTC ONE S (Ville C2). Cannot access the bootloader

Search This thread

ethic5

Jan 3, 2014
Hi all, firstly i'll state that i've searched for this issue, been through the stickies and cannot find a solution for my problem:

I currently have an HTC One S (Ville C2) with the unofficial CM 11 Kitkat using the 3.4 kernel (phone is S-ON). I've had it a while and have been using custom roms with no issues, until now.

Yesterday my phone ran out of battery. Upon charging it will instantly boot to recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.0 with SE Linux support) without showing the HBOOT or in fact allowing me to hold power + volume down to access it, it just seems like it is not there anymore. I am also unable to access the phone from my computer to allow me to use fastboot adb or anything.

I have the latest HTC sync, android SDK, adb drivers but nothing will allow the computer to see my phone with either adb sideload or mounting the sdcard.as USB mass storage.

I guess i have 2 issues:
1) accessing the bootloader to use fastboot as it is S-ON therefore fixing the busted ROM
2) accessing the phone via a computer to fix the bootloader or copy any files to the phone for fixing

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks