Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Brazilian Xperia SP working only in 2G (GPRS/EDGE) inside United States

Tip us?

pedrolrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Still not working after directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19 View Post
I Hi read the second post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621223. U can flash the American tft.

U have CWM recovery and or unlocked bootloader? Because u tell us that u want go to Brazil so u can make an nandroid backup from ur Brazil firmware. When u change the country u must only restore the system over CWM custom restore. So u can hold ur settings apps etc.
Don't forget the two firmwares need CWM recovery.

Or this is an option for locked bootloader.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5285
I think never again problems with baseband.
But for cm10 and baseband other people can maybe answer better because I'm in Europe with a 5303.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
Hi @joke19! Firstly, thank you for the help. It opened my mind about the way to fix the problem.

Those are the things that I made, following your directions and some others that I found on the Web:
- Checked if my bootloader was locked and if could I unlock it.
- Unlocked my Bootloader requiring the key from "unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com"
- Installed the CWM Recovery the correct Kernel (Kernel_FW-266_v01.elf)
- Made a backup of my phone using the CWM
- Tried to flash the ROMs (TFT files) from another countries (HERE IS WHERE STAY MY PROBLEMS). I used the Sony Mobile Flasher by Androxyde.

First of all, I flashed "C5303_12.1.A.0.266_CE.tft" (Generic Universal). Everything gone well but the data service continued to provide only 2g.
After that, I flashed "C5303_12.1.A.0.266_Generic PH.tft" (Unbranded/Philippines). Everything went well too and the problem still happens until now, only EDGE.

--> I didn't find the US TFT file, that's why I tried with the Universal and with the one from Philippines.
--> After all the flash procedures I tried to change the service providers, restart the phone, wait for 1 day, etc. Nothing happened.

What should I do?

Thank you man.

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Test to force 3g under mobil data setting or test a custom rom.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Hope u made a ta backup

The Following User Says Thank You to joke19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedrolrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Force 3G under mobile data settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19 View Post
Test to force 3g under mobil data setting or test a custom rom.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Hope u made a ta backup

Hi @joke19. I've tried to force 3G under mobile data settings (service providers) since the begining, but I always receive the message "Could not connect to the selected network. Make sure the SIM card is inserted or the selected network is available".

My SIM card is properly inserted and it is from T-Mobile. The only 3G service provider shown at the settings to choose is from AT&T.

However, I downloaded 4 different ROMs (TFT files) since yesterday all I will try tomorrow each one, until I get the solution.

I will let you know about the results.

Thank you again.

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolrc View Post
Hi @joke19. I've tried to force 3G under mobile data settings (service providers) since the begining, but I always receive the message "Could not connect to the selected network. Make sure the SIM card is inserted or the selected network is available".

My SIM card is properly inserted and it is from T-Mobile. The only 3G service provider shown at the settings to choose is from AT&T.

However, I downloaded 4 different ROMs (TFT files) since yesterday all I will try tomorrow each one, until I get the solution.

I will let you know about the results.

Thank you again.
Your problem is you have the wrong radio baseband for america it determines what frequency's you handset can receive I would have thought it would come bundled with the american ftf but as your problem is persisting see if you can find an american baseband ftf and flash that

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Sweatpants For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 73
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50635268

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48889300

The Following User Says Thank You to joke19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedrolrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default American tft for c5303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
Your problem is you have the wrong radio baseband for america it determines what frequency's you handset can receive I would have thought it would come bundled with the american ftf but as your problem is persisting see if you can find an american baseband ftf and flash that

Thanks @Captain Sweatpants!

I'll try to find an american baseband tft and flash it.
I found one, as suggested by @joke19 in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=15. However, it is for C5306. It might cause problems flashing another model TFT file, right?

pedrolrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default AT&T have to be chosen

I posted a reply to the thread that @joke19 suggested. One guy answered and told that ROM flashings will not work. I have to choose the proper operator, which in my case is AT&T.

Check his answer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51438045

Captain Sweatpants
Old
(Last edited by Captain Sweatpants; 28th March 2014 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolrc View Post
Thanks @Captain Sweatpants!

I'll try to find an american baseband tft and flash it.
I found one, as suggested by @joke19 in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=15. However, it is for C5306. It might cause problems flashing another model TFT file, right?
I wouldn't flash that the radio is one of the first things to boot and can hard brick a device if its not compatible. You are on the right track though keep looking for one for your model

Edit:
I just called Sony mobile and asked them what the difference is between the c5306 and the c5303 they said that the hardware is identical the only difference is where the phone was made for so UK is C5303 USA is C5306 ect the difference being the radio frequencies its tuned to so flashing the baseband from the C5306 should work but what I said before still stands. Flashing a baseband is risky. See if someone has tried before and what the outcome was. The man from Sony seemed to think it would work but obviously wouldnt officially condone it.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Sweatpants For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedrolrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
I wouldn't flash that the radio is one of the first things to boot and can hard brick a device if its not compatible. You are on the right track though keep looking for one for your model

Edit:
I just called Sony mobile and asked them what the difference is between the c5306 and the c5303 they said that the hardware is identical the only difference is where the phone was made for so UK is C5303 USA is C5306 ect the difference being the radio frequencies its tuned to so flashing the baseband from the C5306 should work but what I said before still stands. Flashing a baseband is risky. See if someone has tried before and what the outcome was. The man from Sony seemed to think it would work but obviously wouldnt officially condone it.

@Captain Sweatpants, thank you so much!
Your comment is very helpful. Thanks for calling them.
Next week I will go to an AT&T store here and try to make some test with their SIM card.
If I can not get the service I will have my last try which is flash a c5306 TFT file.

Let's see what happens.

Thank you