Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

After KitKat overheat with magnetic charger, someone else?

OP jacker60

27th March 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 95

247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea?

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-27 01.27.34.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	2652871  
Last edited by jacker60; 27th March 2014 at 10:20 AM.
28th March 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal

247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Really? Nobody? O_o

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker60

Really? Nobody? O_o

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk

Z1 compact doing the same after kk.
28th March 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 41

314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker60

Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea?

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally

I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.
28th March 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,537

6,782 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal

247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne

Z1 compact doing the same after kk.

Seriously? well I'm not feeling alone now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarimSalloum

I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.

I dont touch the phone too, well its strange because i go back too JB and this doesnt happen, and update again and it starts to heat, also I tried 2 different chargers :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Well maybe I will try another flashing and see what happen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, overheat, xz1
Previous Thread Next Thread