Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After KitKat overheat with magnetic charger, someone else?

Tip us?

jacker60
Old
(Last edited by jacker60; 27th March 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation After KitKat overheat with magnetic charger, someone else?

Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea?

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-27 01.27.34.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	2652871  

Xperia Z1 Owner - Jelly Bean

If you think my post help you press the thanks button! also sometimes sorry if I write something and you don't understand I still learning English

jacker60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Really? Nobody? O_o

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk

If you think my post help you press the thanks button! also sometimes sorry if I write something and you don't understand I still learning English

RevokOne
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker60 View Post
Really? Nobody? O_o

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk
Z1 compact doing the same after kk.

KarimSalloum
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker60 View Post
Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea?

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally
I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,161

DONATE TO ME
I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jacker60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne View Post
Z1 compact doing the same after kk.
Seriously? well I'm not feeling alone now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarimSalloum View Post
I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.
I dont touch the phone too, well its strange because i go back too JB and this doesnt happen, and update again and it starts to heat, also I tried 2 different chargers :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Well maybe I will try another flashing and see what happen

Tags
battery, overheat, xz1