Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Revert Back to Jelly Bean 4.3-Sprint

Tip us?

Computerlady143
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Revert Back to Jelly Bean 4.3-Sprint

I have an app that I use and need and since the update to KitKat 4.4 from Jelly Bean 4.3 the app no longer works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 originally OS was Jelly Bean 4.3. The App is Automatic Call Recorder. I have attached the issue stated by the App Developer. So now I neecd to revert back to Jelly Bean 4.3 to make this app work again. I realize that I would have to root the phone. I am looking for step by step instruction for what I need to do. I am an Windows PC Computer tech support person by trade. I have research and read information so I am some what familar with the process. But new to Android OS. So, I figure I should check with the experts.

Thanks In Advance for any and all help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-28-15-27-46 Automatic Call Recorder.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	2656092  

giuliomvr
Old
Thanks Meter 211
You can't go back, even with root. Only thing you can do is root and install a dialer with recording integrated.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerlady143 View Post
I have an app that I use and need and since the update to KitKat 4.4 from Jelly Bean 4.3 the app no longer works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 originally OS was Jelly Bean 4.3. The App is Automatic Call Recorder. I have attached the issue stated by the App Developer. So now I neecd to revert back to Jelly Bean 4.3 to make this app work again. I realize that I would have to root the phone. I am looking for step by step instruction for what I need to do. I am an Windows PC Computer tech support person by trade. I have research and read information so I am some what familar with the process. But new to Android OS. So, I figure I should check with the experts.

Thanks In Advance for any and all help.

If you have an international N9005 you can not revert from 4.4.2 back to 4.3.

If you have the Note 3 Sprint version you should ask in the specific forum linked below (this one is the International Note 3 forum, and there are plenty of relevant differences between those Note 3 models):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-sprint
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7