FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

[Q] ATT and T-MOBILE

333 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By fuzio1963, Senior Member on 28th March 2014, 11:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
That might be a weird (don't want to use word "stupid") question. I have rooted, unlocked ATT branded Flex, running currently on T-Mo network.
Questions;
1. Is there a way i can somehow port T-Mo stock Rom into it?
2. How do i get rid of the ATT bloat on my Flex?? I was trying BloatFree app, but with it i was not able even see installed ATT apps..

Anything will be appreciated.
 
 
28th March 2014, 11:39 PM |#2  
Da Kine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
Donate to Me
More
Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th March 2014, 11:41 PM |#3  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,890
 
Donate to Me
More
1. when we have a recovery you may be able to flash the sock deodexed T-Mobile ROM I posted. No promises it'll work.

2. I use es file explorer and delete then, but you could try titanium backup

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 05:22 AM |#4  
fuzio1963's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag close to chgo
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
ty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine

Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.
30th March 2014, 02:12 AM |#5  
nerdfacenyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine

Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.
30th March 2014, 02:32 AM |#6  
Da Kine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan

Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.

Read that in the post above yours, thanks for retyping it though.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzio1963

Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.

I should have been more clear when I said that I didn't see the point of running a rom that belongs to another variant. From my experience in the past with other phones and flashing ported roms, not all of the features were functional. Maybe it'll be different with the Flex.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes