Post Reply

Custom kernel double tap to wake, is it available?

OP Saikyo_San

13th March 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
Saikyo_San's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
hey guys...so I was searching for this in hope that there is a custom kernel for the Z Ultra that can do this.
IMO this is really helpful for this big guy thing is as I've read, the kit-kat update will skip this feature from Z2 and on the AOKP thread (the rom that brought this to the Z line) the dev said that the Z Ultra screen is not synaptics enabled "puzzled as what this actually mean"

so, long story short, IS THERE ANY CUSTOM KERNEL THAT CAN EFFICIENTLY EMULATE THIS FEATURE?

many thanks ^_^
13th March 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Short answer: No

Long answer: Nope

I guess we'll get it at one point, but it's not possible quite yet (as far as I know).

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
14th March 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #3  
Saikyo_San's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
the not possible part, that I don't like

keeping my fingers crossed for this feature ported on the KK update ^_^
thanks for replying
14th March 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #4  
martinko23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 69
 
607 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
I think it is possible, as long there is an app for the galaxy nexus (and other phones but I tried it only on my old galaxy nexus) which allow you to double tap to wake (really useful when in class )

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra!
14th March 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #5  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 581
 
2,885 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinko23

I think it is possible, as long there is an app for the galaxy nexus (and other phones but I tried it only on my old galaxy nexus) which allow you to double tap to wake (really useful when in class )

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra!

It's hardware dependent with regards to the digitizer I believe.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th March 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #6  
Saikyo_San's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Short answer: No

Long answer: Nope

I guess we'll get it at one point, but it's not possible quite yet (as far as I know).

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

It's hardware dependent with regards to the digitizer I believe.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeah that's what I thought also, maybe the digitizer on the ZU is not up to par with what is needed for this feature to work well. -_-
a confirmation on this would be most helpful

we'll see after the KK update lands
14th March 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #7  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,246
 
2,810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikyo_San

yeah that's what I thought also, maybe the digitizer on the ZU is not up to par with what is needed for this feature to work well. -_-
a confirmation on this would be most helpful

we'll see after the KK update lands

It's not in the leaked system dump from the ZU 4.4.2 build (unless that was a fake/hoax)
15th March 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #8  
Saikyo_San's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
yeah, I think it's safe to say it was a hoax, I mean the "news"has been out almost a week now and NO .ftf or smth :P
maybe sony testing the waters
18th March 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Don't some custom AOSP roms (or was it aokp i can't remember) allow the double to wake feature on some phones? I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Z ultra, just need someone to develop it. (Z ultra doesn't have one though)
28th March 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #10  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,246
 
2,810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Ok folks, thanks to the work of @reaper61616 we now have two roms that have DT2W. His build of PAC-man has it built in and my build of Carbon has it as a replacement kernel in post 2.
the kernel on the Carbon thread may boot other aosp/cm11 based roms

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692552 PAC-man
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671948 Carbon - see post 2
The Carbon version has serious issues and the phone will often not wake at all

If you like this feature thank reaper

Before flashing a kernel make sure you have a backup in case it wont boot. ie nandroid
Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
Last edited by blueether; 29th March 2014 at 07:17 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes