XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

0-day CyanogenMod project [LTE-A]

Tip us?

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 503
i'm using this command line to assemble final kernel image:
Code:
mkbootimg_dtb --kernel arch/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk ramfs.cpio.gz -o boot.img --base 0x00000000 --offset 0x02000000 --tags-addr 0x01e00000 --dt dt.img --cmdline "console=null androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 maxcpus=2 msm_rtb.filter=0x3F"
Attached Files
File Type: zip mkbootimg_dtb.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.6 KB, 2 views)
Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S: Optimus ROM (i9506 TW 4.3) & Kernel. CPU OC 2.7GHz, GPU OC 645MHz, non-KNOX bootloader, UHD/360 Camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Optimus ROM (TW 4.3), Perseus Kernel. CPU No-OC, GPU OC 700MHz, non-KNOX bootloader.
Past models: Samsung Galaxy SIII SHV-E210K & GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100.

arter97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg View Post
Ah, i see now.
May be it would be good to insert more debug outputs in the place where it failed.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Btw, just remember that i've assembled kernel image by old mkbootimg tool. When i've started to work with E330S kernel, in time of 4.2.2, Samsung didn't supply neither instruction, nor tools to assemble kernel image with DTB part.
So, i've found some custom made mkbootimg_dtb tool by one chinese guy and use it since that time.
With 4.4.2 source i've found that Samsung start to include their own version of mkbootimg tool with some script, but i've declined it (just because i already have my script which works fine) and continue to use the old one.

Probably, there was change in kernel header about DTB part which is known for new bootloader, while the old bootloader doesn't understand it. There is even new format of DTB when DTB loading is handled by kernel image instead of bootloader.
Probably, new bootloader can handle both old and new DTB image formats.
Thus, probably, you need to assemble the image with old mkbootimg tool and it will work with both old and new bootloaders.
I think you're referring to Xiaolu's mkbootimg_tools (https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools). Right?

I'm also using it since 4.3 and with this CM project.

Please checkout these :
https://bitbucket.org/arter97/androi...isc/?at=master
https://bitbucket.org/arter97/androi...s.sh?at=master

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 503
yes, but i'm not sure if that site still have the same version i'm using or newer.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S: Optimus ROM (i9506 TW 4.3) & Kernel. CPU OC 2.7GHz, GPU OC 645MHz, non-KNOX bootloader, UHD/360 Camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Optimus ROM (TW 4.3), Perseus Kernel. CPU No-OC, GPU OC 700MHz, non-KNOX bootloader.
Past models: Samsung Galaxy SIII SHV-E210K & GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100.