Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help TWRP

Tip us?

jgmedina
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need help TWRP

Keep getting install failed /system and /data. No os found

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 166
what ROM are you trying to install? how did you install TWRP?

by the way, the way it works on this phone is that the recovery is packaged with a kernel. whatever the kernel has, you're stuck with. unless you flash a kernel that has an alternative recovery (example: one of hhp's Devil TWRP kernels) you can't just flash a recovery. so maybe you have a bad flash if you tried doing that.

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 531
Also you need to quit spamming every spot in the fascinate fourms.
there are only maybe a dozen of us real active, we can read your posts.
I've explained over and over the process,
Keep on reading, reading and then read some more.
Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500 - click tab to see links

Quote:
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38014509 ....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600743..
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312
The Following User Says Thank You to hhp_211 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgmedina
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Very thankful for all the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
Also you need to quit spamming every spot in the fascinate fourms.
there are only maybe a dozen of us real active, we can read your posts.
I've explained over and over the process,
Keep on reading, reading and then read some more.
sorry i was getting desprate. I apologizes.
is their a radio that can boost the 3g reception? (besides the one's in the guide)

that cm-11 rom runs super. i installed JB then the cm-11.

have a question about kernels but going to read up first about them,

Sorry for the spamming.

jgmedina
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks for the help btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
what ROM are you trying to install? how did you install TWRP?

by the way, the way it works on this phone is that the recovery is packaged with a kernel. whatever the kernel has, you're stuck with. unless you flash a kernel that has an alternative recovery (example: one of hhp's Devil TWRP kernels) you can't just flash a recovery. so maybe you have a bad flash if you tried doing that.
I was trying to install pa_fascinatemtd-4.2-BETA1-20140318.
i tried to install TWRP through CWM. But when i used ROM manager to select recovery 3.x and it detected TWRP. i installed JB from avatar then flashed cm-11-20140221-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd and PA__Gapps after factory/reset and dalvik wipe. but the menu was from cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN even though ROM Manager said TWRP recovery

right now running
Android 4.4.2
Band EH3
Kernel version 3.0.101-ge40c0be don't know which kind it is. don't know if it install from CM-11 or the avatar rom i first installed.

doing research on kernels and radio to see if there is a radio that can boost 3g connction

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmedina View Post

doing research on kernels and radio to see if there is a radio that can boost 3g connction
there are a few radios for the fascinate. the gingerbread radios are EH03 (the one you have right now from the official VZW OTA, i use this one and am ok with it), EC09 (from an old gingerbread leak, some people prefer this radio over the others). i know there's other radios but the only older one you should probably use is ED05 from an old Froyo OTA.

jgmedina
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
thanks. this upgrade help alot though. have to test yuoube app.also was having issue with that too.