Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom][port][semi nightlies] mokee os for vs980

Tip us?

Stranger_84
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Just downloaded and set up everything ... So far so good ... Thanks for porting this over for us!!!! Great ROM

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 vs980 = AOSP
Rom = Slimkat 3.4
Kernel = dr87 v5

Android = 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger_84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fuse8499
Old
(Last edited by Fuse8499; 29th March 2014 at 06:03 AM.) Reason: Left something out.
Thanks Meter 30
So I went ahead and installed this ROM exactly as instructed in the OP. Everything booted fine. So I set up my phone and restored my apps. When I rebooted my phone, I was able to type in my SIM unlock pin. However, I couldn't unlock the lockscreen (I have it locked with a different 4 digit pin.) No matter what I did (wiped cache/dalvik, etc...) the screen was completely unresponsive. So I tried to restore my back up of my 4.2.2 ROM. Everything restored succesfully and I rebooted....... And that's where it ends. I get stuck on the LG screen. I think "Oh no, I bricked another one." To my surprise, I was able to boot back into recovery and thankfully able to reinstall Mokee. However, I can't restore my old backup. I suspect it has something to do with VS980 patch I ran? Someone please steer me in the right direction!

Also: Is anyone else having the problem I'm having with the screen lock? The screen just becomes completely unresponsive, thus I can't do anything except make emergency calls and activate camera. I know it's not specific to this ROM, because I had the same problem on another 4.4 ROM.

UPDATE: Wasn't able to fix the Restore problem. However, I setup Mokee again without a screen lock & I can say this is the first Kit Kat rom I'd use as a daily driver! Really nice work on this! Glad I took the plunge and gave it a shot.