[FIX][SGH-T759] Unbrick for Exhibit 4G from T-Mobile
So I bricked my SGH-T759. Spent 10+ hours trying to fix this POS. FINALLY I found someone posting a stock rom. Problem was that the message was really geared towards people who knew what they were doing, and not having used the tools or this phone in that way, I did not. This made matters worse. HOWEVER, I did fix it! So I am going to post a detailed guide and recompiled package.
First off, credit to the guy who found the files, Devil-Dog, this is his original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2462234
I am not responsible for what this may do to your phone, mother, sister, or girlfriend. Use at your own risk.
OK, lets begin.
Step by Step Unbrick
- Download Unbrick-SGH-T759-1.0.tar.gz
- Download Heimdall
- Both files should be bellow
- If you are using Vista or up and 64 bit, disable driver enforcement. Google this part.
- Unzip Heimdall
- Enter the driver folder
- Turn off your phone and unplug it
- Hold the volume + AND - buttons down
- Plug it into the computer
- It should appear in download mode
- Run zadig.exe as admin
- Under Options and select List all devices
- Select Samsung USB Composite or (Unknown Device if you didnt install the Samsung drivers)
- Install Driver
- Now go back a folder
- Run heimdall-frontend.exe as admin
- Under Heimdall Firmware Package, hit Browse
- Choose Unbrick-SGH-T759-1.0.tar.gz
- Hit Load / Customize
- Hit start, and WAIT
- After phone reboots, you should now be fine!
Not so complicated eh? THAT took me 10+ hours to figure out (and find those files) >.>
Hopefully this alleviates a lot of headaches for those of you struggling!
Downloads (Attachments gave me 404 errors?!):