Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4g/3g Icon While on WiFi

Tip us?
 
ChrisNee1988
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 471
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default 4g/3g Icon While on WiFi

Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.
 
oneandroidnut
Old
#2  
oneandroidnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,783
Join Date: Jun 2013
I believe it is just to show you what network you are on. still uses wifi just shows as like a backup if that makes sense
Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition Hyperdrive RLS 7
LG G3 Rooted/Recovery Awaiting Roms/Kernels
One Plus One 64 GB Black For sale- http://swappa.com/listing/UFP151/view
Sold:
HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X
 
wtoj34
Old
#3  
wtoj34's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 536
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,
 
ChrisNee1988
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 471
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
There's one for boomsound and one for NFC, my bar fills up really quick too.
 
ChrisNee1988
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 471
Join Date: Nov 2010


No room at all for notifications

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNee1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Preston2291
Old
#6  
Preston2291's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 46
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

Sent from my Verizon HTC M8
 
ChrisNee1988
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 471
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston2291 View Post
It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

Sent from my Verizon HTC M8
I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.
 
Preston2291
Old
#8  
Preston2291's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 46
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
<br />
<br />
I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.
It is part of the app whether disabled or not it may also be integrated into the operating system that's all you had to titanium backup to actually uninstall it
Sent from my Verizon HTC M8
 
NotATreoFan
Old
#9  
NotATreoFan's Avatar
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4499
Posts: 14,449
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Eastern Seaboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNee1988 View Post
Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.
It started for me with the 4.4.2 update on the M7. Guess they carried it over.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app




Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.


Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more