Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Enabling UMS instead of MTP

Tip us?

swing4thefence
Old
(Last edited by swing4thefence; 26th March 2014 at 08:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default Enabling UMS instead of MTP

I am new to the GS2. I'm running Liquid Smooth 3.0 The only options are MTP and PTP. I would like to enable UMS. I drive a Ford and it has sync but it's not compatible with MTP. It should be compatible with UMS because it should behave just like a flash drive. I tried SG UMS enabler but it doesn't work with this phone.

I also found a couple of build.prop tweaks but they weren't in an SII forum, and I didn't see the line in my own build.prop.
HTC Rezound S-off Carbon 4.4
HTC Thunderbolt S-off Skyraider
Droid Charge Tweaked Lite for the kids movies
Acer Iconia A1-810 C'mon acer. Unlock our bootloaders please!

DIMENSIONAL
Old
(Last edited by DIMENSIONAL; 29th March 2014 at 03:25 AM.) Reason: Forgot to mention that it needs root.
Thanks Meter 17
I'm running Carbon KitKat right now, and Multi Mount SD-Card works fine for me ( you need Root ). I've been using it for a couple years on multiple ROMs and it works fine, though it's a bit confusing to set up - you have to create a widget to use it and mount your SD cards.
Russian smashed across the interwebz from my Samsung Hercules. Please hit thanks if I helped.
Don't have Dropbox? Sign up with my referral link to get a bonus 500MB!
The Following User Says Thank You to DIMENSIONAL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1211
I am no fan of MTP at all. Sometimes you have to disconnect and reconnect just to get all of files to show up, and sometimes after a transfer you have to do that also for some reason. I loved the old UMS.