5,606,297 Members 32,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] HDXPosed : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

Tip us?

Faznx92
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
Do you mean you booted to the stock ROM and it updated or it got updated with xposed enabled ? Else yes for now your screwed.

"Envoyé depuis mon KFTHWI avec Tapatalk"
I'm using this in The HDX Utility but how does this block updates? Does it change something in the build.prop or otacerts.zip or com.amazon.dcp.apk? Does your current version work?

jjrizzelcincy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92 View Post
I'm using this in The HDX Utility but how does this block updates? Does it change something in the build.prop or otacerts.zip or com.amazon.dcp.apk? Does your current version work?
it does not work at all for blocking the update,i have rooted over 25 of these things 7's and 8.9's and just about all of them have been updated,,,,since i dont have them in hand i was not able to try the work around ,,,but as far as it blocking the update it does not!

Faznx92
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrizzelcincy View Post
it does not work at all for blocking the update,i have rooted over 25 of these things 7's and 8.9's and just about all of them have been updated,,,,since i dont have them in hand i was not able to try the work around ,,,but as far as it blocking the update it does not!
Hummm I ask because I really don't want to mess with people's build.prop that much. Is there and example of one. What was changed in it to block ota?

jjrizzelcincy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92 View Post
Hummm I ask because I really don't want to mess with people's build.prop that much. Is there and example of one. What was changed in it to block the update?
not that I'm aware of.
maybe GSLEON3 would be able to tell you more about that i see him talking a lot about build.prop on here
The Following User Says Thank You to jjrizzelcincy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I got the HDX back into Amazon... It's a weird fix.

I did the hold power for 30 second reset thing. After that, I was able to register the device and it retained the Gapps and such. However, all Boot modules like Xposed have been disabled. So it's kinda weird to have to add them back one at a time. And I have to reinstall some apps off GPlay, but that's relatively minor inconvenience when I can often just restore from my TiB backups.

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 41
There are quite a few apps that won't reinstall, gives me "Error -24" from Google store. Restoring from TiB doesn't work either. (Specifically, Colossatron the game, paid)

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I nuked the whole install and reflashed from scratch to 13.31. Despite registering, it did NOT upgrade to 14.X, not sure why. I then manage to put the whole thing back, Thor Gapps HDXposed and all.

Right now my only problem is I can't play Zombie gunship. Starts with a BLANK screen except the Google sign-in button. This is the official Google Play Store version (purchased too) I'll try to download the Humble Bundle version to see if that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to kschang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]