5,595,964 Members 31,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] Merge Xposed, Tasker, Autovoice and Google Now to use phone only by voice

Tip us?

lukes91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral6 View Post
I think the only concern people would have is the battery life, but good job m8.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
thanks yeah, unfortunally battery will drain a lot if autovoice continuous is always on but tasker switches can be set to activate continuous mode only in certain situations
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.0.7 - lyapota's #23 LM UV - Mr Hofs Chocolate Orange
Did I help you? Hit THANKS

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91 View Post
...tasker switches can be set to activate continuous mode only in certain situations

First, thanks for adding me to the original post props 8) always glad to help others out and contribute!

Do you happen to have a link to where I can learn how to do some of these "certain situations" for launching or not launching Tasker tasks? I have a feeling it has to do with the "IF" statements, setting variables, or something, but as a noob with Tasker I'm yet unfamiliar with the "IF" clauses.

I've also noticed I need to add a condition for the autovoice continuous to not be turned on while I'm using Pandora - it shuts down Pandora due to the need to turn autovoice continuous on and listen for commands. I'm guessing that I can "IF" statement something like "only work if Pandora app not running" and "only work if battery is above 35%" or something, right?
Thanks to all the devs and friendly souls here that have helped me with my RMaxxHD (XT926) enhancements!

lukes91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post
First, thanks for adding me to the original post props 8) always glad to help others out and contribute!

Do you happen to have a link to where I can learn how to do some of these "certain situations" for launching or not launching Tasker tasks? I have a feeling it has to do with the "IF" statements, setting variables, or something, but as a noob with Tasker I'm yet unfamiliar with the "IF" clauses.

I've also noticed I need to add a condition for the autovoice continuous to not be turned on while I'm using Pandora - it shuts down Pandora due to the need to turn autovoice continuous on and listen for commands. I'm guessing that I can "IF" statement something like "only work if Pandora app not running" and "only work if battery is above 35%" or something, right?
it doensn't only deal with "if" "else" statements, you can create a profile with a trigger, and the trigger is the first of your conditios... it can be a specific time, an event, a state, a location... for example: a state could be "when display is off" --> perform specific task; you can also add an exit task that will be run when display is on again (sometimes it's better to set 2 different profiles, one with "display turned off" event and the other with "display turned off" event... the best way to learn is to try different configurations, always adding new variables/conditions... remmeber also that in tasker you can declare and set "environment variables" that can be used in all tasks, and even as a trigger to concatenate different tasks... it's plenty of tutorials and guide... i suggest you to start from here
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.0.7 - lyapota's #23 LM UV - Mr Hofs Chocolate Orange

lukes91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
hi guys! i converted the thread into a DevDB thread, so it will be easier to report bugs and so on... have a nice day all
Tags
autovoice, display off, tasker, voice control, xposed