Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SUGGESTIONS] On getting an AT&T Note 3

Tip us?

slimslim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default [SUGGESTIONS] On getting an AT&T Note 3

Hi guys, I'm going to buy an AT&T Note 3 from a friend of a friend, for about $400, the phone is brand new (a spare one) and I'm afraid after the transaction is done he might claim it as lost for insurance and get a blacklisted paperweight. Although he agreed to walk in with me in a official AT&T store and transfer it from his account to mine and possibly scan/assign the IMEI to my account and also get a new sim i the process. Do you guys consider this safe enough, or should I take extra steps or precautions, any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
========================

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim View Post
Hi guys, I'm going to buy an AT&T Note 3 from a friend of a friend, for about $400, the phone is brand new (a spare one) and I'm afraid after the transaction is done he might claim it as lost for insurance and get a blacklisted paperweight. Although he agreed to walk in with me in a official AT&T store and transfer it from his account to mine and possibly scan/assign the IMEI to my account and also get a new sim i the process. Do you guys consider this safe enough, or should I take extra steps or precautions, any suggestions greatly appreciated

If he does report it as lost or stolen report him for insurance fraud. Most insurance companies offer rewards for convictions and you can just buy a brand new one. You will however loose a friend of a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to Intub8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

njschwartz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8 View Post
If he does report it as lost or stolen report him for insurance fraud. Most insurance companies offer rewards for convictions and you can just buy a brand new one. You will however loose a friend of a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
LOL~Good advice Intub8. I like the name too. Do you do anesthesia?

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim View Post

yes this is good enough he cant report it stolen if the imei is transfered to your account. if he did the insurance company would contact att to have it blacklisted and they would report that he is not the owner of the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]