Post Reply

No Sound or Make Calls / Receive on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 after flashing

OP hamzzzzz

27th March 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi,

When I was receiving a phone call only the vibration was working, no sounds, I couldn't slide the screen to answer properly, which means that I was able to slide, but the round icon of the slide could not catch the phone green icon. I could play no sound at all on videos, spotify, alarm, etc.

Currently settings about my phone:

Samsung S4 i9505 - 4.4.2
Baseband: i9505XXUFNBH
Bootloader: I9505XXUBMG4

Any fixes? People saying different things and really want a well explained correct answer. I've had previous problems and really just want to get this sorted
27th March 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,049
 
1,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzzzzz

Hi,

When I was receiving a phone call only the vibration was working, no sounds, I couldn't slide the screen to answer properly, which means that I was able to slide, but the round icon of the slide could not catch the phone green icon. I could play no sound at all on videos, spotify, alarm, etc.

Currently settings about my phone:

Samsung S4 i9505 - 4.4.2
Baseband: i9505XXUFNBH
Bootloader: I9505XXUBMG4

Any fixes? People saying different things and really want a well explained correct answer. I've had previous problems and really just want to get this sorted


Try to download this file and flash it via odin by selecting phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Try to download this file and flash it via odin by selecting phone

Thanks. This sorted the issue. Thanks given.


The Thread can be closed
27th March 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,049
 
1,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzzzzz

Thanks. This sorted the issue. Thanks given.


The Thread can be closed

No worries Next time,If your flashing the latest modem flash only GSM modem . Not wifi fix/LTE or package combined, so you wont get any problem with your sound. Have a nice day .

...
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Question absolutely no sounds & call function after flashing
Hello,

A few days ago I flashed my Galaxy S4 with the last cyanogenonmod using their flashing software. Then my phone was unlocked but I couldn't access the data internet from my new provider's sim card (3G).

Then I tried to reflash the original version to unlock the phone from the correct provider (Meteor Ireland).

Problem is that I am using Mac OS and have no access to a windows. So I used Heimdall 1.4.0.

From the begining, and I tried with many different ROMs, but I can never install the aboot partition. everything else flashes correctly. But now my phone network is working perfectly, except that I have absolutely no sound any more. The call application crashes, no alarm, no sound during boot, no videos that can be played and when I'm using the music app it says the format of the songs is not recognized.

I think the problem comes from the ABOOT partition missing, as I tried the other NON-HLOS as you said earlier. Sadly this GSM only version didn't fix the sound / calls and just deactivated my wifi.

I am a bit lost here, I was thinking about reinstalling a cyanogenonmod via heimdall to check if the aboot works there, because when I reinstalled cyanogenonmod via the software the issues weren't fixed.

Here is the detail of my phone, if someone can help me get through that I would really appreciate it :

SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Region : Ireland
Provider : Meteor
Baseband version : I9505XXUENAA
Build number : JSS15J.I9505XXUENAA


Thank you very much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank