Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM 11 Mustaavalkosta nightly unofficial 01/08/14

Tip us?

dr.patron99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Smile In that case

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentvoice84 View Post
I'm sorry but I still can't find any wireless networks and I still have the same problem with slowness after upgrading to the last version 20140211

do you recommend any other ROM?
Try flashing this ROM: Nexus 5 Experience.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632012
Its nice and stable as well. You'll barely notice battery drain. I've used it so giving you positive feedback

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.patron99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silentvoice84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.patron99 View Post
Try flashing this ROM: Nexus 5 Experience.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632012
Its nice and stable as well. You'll barely notice battery drain. I've used it so giving you positive feedback

Thanks.
Yes I have already start downloading it, just to make sure I dont have to wipe my data only fash it like updating ?

dr.patron99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Thumbs up Wait!!!

Quote:
Yes I have already start downloading it, just to make sure I dont have to wipe my data only fash it like updating ?
This isn't nightly!
You're not on Nexus 5 experience ROM so you have to wipe data+cache+dalvic cache+ battery stat!

I said to flash only then when you're using one ROM and its nighty! Not with different ROM!
Dude don't make any such mistakes! You're potentially risking your device.

Here's in easy word: for example you're using ROM created by mustaavalcosta then flash nightly whatever he made it will improve performance or made some changes over current ROM....that's what nightly is all about.
But if you're using ROM created by some person then Always do clean install which means wipe above mention things or else after or during flashing may cause some problem.

Never Ever do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.patron99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silentvoice84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
This isn't nightly!
You're not on Nexus 5 experience ROM so you have to wipe data+cache+dalvic cache+ battery stat!

I said to flash only then when you're using one ROM and its nighty! Not with different ROM!
Dude don't make any such mistakes! You're potentially risking your device.

Here's in easy word: for example you're using ROM created by mustaavalcosta then flash nightly whatever he made it will improve performance or made some changes over current ROM....that's what nightly is all about.
But if you're using ROM created by some person then Always do clean install which means wipe above mention things or else after or during flashing may cause some problem.

Never Ever do that.
Yes I understand that I miss understand the developer when he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiko0923
If you are coming from CM 11 Release 1.x, just Flash this! Don't wipe ANYTHING!
last question -sorry for asking too much- I couldn't find and option for "internet-pass through- which allows me to get internet from pc via usb, is it included in the new versions I have heard that its banned from new one since its illegal or something.

thanks

dr.patron99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Yes I understand that I miss understand the developer when he said

last question -sorry for asking too much- I couldn't find and option for "internet-pass through- which allows me to get internet from pc via usb, is it included in the new versions I have heard that its banned from new one since its illegal or something.

thanks
Oh common,Sharing knowledge is the best way to learn something new!
I really don't mind answering you....please don't hassitate either.
As far as I know in R 3.1 when you connect your DHD to PC via data cable slide notification bar down you'll notice usb-tethering option.
Since I've WiFi available so I'm not using it that way but I noticed it about 2 days ago.It was there and expect it should work as well as ROM does.

silentvoice84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Oh common,Sharing knowledge is the best way to learn something new!
I really don't mind answering you....please don't hassitate either.
As far as I know in R 3.1 when you connect your DHD to PC via data cable slide notification bar down you'll notice usb-tethering option.
Since I've WiFi available so I'm not using it that way but I noticed it about 2 days ago.It was there and expect it should work as well as ROM does.
thanks for that,

about the connecting, usb-tethering could means giving mobile's connection t the pc

Chalat67
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Very slow internet speed

Hi
I got very low internet speed on this ROM. I have installed latest nightly and tested with the Speedtest app and I only get 5Mbit down and 0.6Mbit up. In my house I have an internet connection of 25 Mbit down and 5Mbit up.

I have installed other ROMs like Ramdomrom, ViberDHD and they give me the full speed available.

Does anyone else have this issue. I like this ROM so much but because of the lack of speed I can't use it.

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Rom is running good on 3-28 update. No reboots. Idk about calling and texting as this device has no sim. Using this inspire as a development tool. Good job musta and team!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalat67 View Post
Hi
I got very low internet speed on this ROM. I have installed latest nightly and tested with the Speedtest app and I only get 5Mbit down and 0.6Mbit up. In my house I have an internet connection of 25 Mbit down and 5Mbit up.

I have installed other ROMs like Ramdomrom, ViberDHD and they give me the full speed available.

Does anyone else have this issue. I like this ROM so much but because of the lack of speed I can't use it.
I think cuz our devices have such low memory space, our devices are struggling to use kk ROMs. Give it some time. In the meantime,keep flashing the updates. Afterall, that's why they call it nightlies. Lol

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jige View Post
a bigger issue for me is the no Service signal
i ve installed the latest cm11 1/25/14 over an old cm 7 that had crashed from one minute of torch and stopped booting up
i really don t know anything about it
any best roms out there?

l.e. can i go back to the official cm7.2.0 ?
should i go back that far?
after an hour or so the screen stopped responding.but the power button showed some signs of life. so i got that going for me
I would suggest u use the default kernel on this ROM.