5,605,438 Members 43,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Nook HD] CM10/CM10.1 General Discussion

Tip us?

henslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK, all that makes sense, so thanks for the explanation. But the image created by the hummingbird hybrid image from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097731 only makes three partitions, all primary. I think what I will try when I get the new card is to run the "dd" steps and then see if I can grow the storage partition and file system with "parted". I think it handles vfat. If stuff is going to get wiped I might as well start from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
I though the man page had that, though it's clear in when using fdisk.
the first d then 4, deleted partition 4
Then n is for new partition, e for extended partition, 4 (of the 4 primary partition slots)
Then new, logical partition, #5 (created in the extended partition)
Then t to change the type for partition 5, in this case to "c" which is FAT32X (uses LBA addressing instead of CHS addressing)

Finally w writes the new partition table.
Until then nothing on the disk has changed.

It will erase whatever is on the partition. I;'m not sure what is on that partition though.
sdx3 isn't being changed though. sdx4 is deleted and sdx5 is being created.

ST Dog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by henslayer View Post
OK, all that makes sense, so thanks for the explanation. But the image created by the hummingbird hybrid image from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097731 only makes three partitions, all primary. I think what I will try when I get the new card is to run the "dd" steps and then see if I can grow the storage partition and file system with "parted". I think it handles vfat. If stuff is going to get wiped I might as well start from scratch.
I haven't messed with the "hybrid" setup yet, so I don't know what the partition layout is.

I just know what the fdisk instructions do. After a decade of using it it sticks, even after 5+ years away.
Never really used parted other then RHL/Fedora installs. I always used fdisk in other situations.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by henslayer View Post
Yes, that will work. In the hybrid, the last partition is partition 3 and is primary and fat32. It can easily be expanded with gparted. All your data should stay intact.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the confirmation. The new card should be here in a day or two and I'll give it a shot.

henslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just an update. The new 32GB card arrived, I ran the dd steps and grew the data partition with gparted. Everything seemed to work fine and I could mount and read the new partitions under Linux. So I popped it into the Nook HD and no Cyanogen boot loader appeared, it went straight to the Nook stock loader. I made sure it was inserted properly, double checked that everything was copied correctly and confirmed with cfdisk that partition 1 was bootable, etc. Nothing.

After all that I did the installation from scratch, except I skipped the gapps install and copied everything from the old data partition onto the new card. Voila! Up and running with a lot more space and it's pretty snappy.

ST Dog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm trying to find info that explains the differences in CM10.1/SGT7build from this thread which I have running on an SD card and the EMMC installs, be it 10.1 or 10.2

1) what exactly does SGT7 add?

2) is there a 10.1/SGT7 build that I can install on EMMC?

3) is there a 10.2/SGT7 build that I can install on SD or EMMC?

4) Finally, If I switch to the EMMC install, how do I backup/transfer everything from the SD card (apps, settings, etc) so I'm not starting all over?

Links to website/other threads appreciated.

brux4me
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hope we can get 4.4.0 roms. thanks.

enigma1981
Old
Thanks Meter 732

DONATE TO ME
If you want 4.4.x then there are CM11 nightlies available on get.cm I haven't tried them myself though

Swyped from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk Pro

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I do have a query though...

I'm not sure specifically who to ask here but I've been directed this way...

I would LOVE to see a version of Philz Touch Advanced CWM recovery available for our Nook devices, but alas compiling from github is beyond me.

Here's Phil's developer info post on how to do it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post39433612

Hopefully someone on here will be able to make this work as It would make flashing rom's/mods SO much easier!! While it works fine, booting from an SD card every time you want to flash something is just ball ache lol

Anyway, I hope this is something that is within the realms of possibility!

Thanks in advance!!

Swyped from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk Pro