Bricked?

Search This thread

Darknod66

Apr 21, 2011
So my girlfriend bought this phone today, and when the phone got all up and running it wanted to do a system update to kitkat, said it would take about ten mins so she does the update and 2 hours later it still wasnt running ( got stuck on a screen that says "Finishing boot" ) after two hours it was rebooted and would not get past the motorola screen, so we took it back and exchanged it, came home and started setting up the new one and its stuck at finishing booting, can someone give me some advice on this

Wherezz

Jan 3, 2013
With the phone turned off, Press and hold Volume down + Power button for about 3 seconds, Select Recovery, then select wipe/format/clear (dont remember how it says) cache.

It should fix this

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

So, did it work?

Wherezz

Jan 3, 2013
The factory reset must work for sure, but I told you to clean the cache because the factory reset deletes all the phone data

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Darknod66

Apr 21, 2011
Yes but there was no option to clear the cache in the recovery options , factory reset kinda worked , it can receive calls however its stuck on whatever screen it displays can't go to the home screen either

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Darknod66

Apr 21, 2011
Idk what it was but the phone rang and it started working . it is Verizon and it was activated , it froze at the Motorola logo but it was weird cause it didn't start working ...... Very odd but no idea why that happened

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium