Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note 12.2 screen has 4 Million less subpixels...

OP SonicTab

25th March 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #21  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

Yes I suppose if you get close enough to your screen that you can barely focus on it that You could see a difference but ya Know I have a life and at normal viewing distances it is flawless. I mean I guess I better not buy a laptop anytime Soon since their dpi's are lower than an ipads right? Or if I want something really worth owning I need that 20" 4K tablet. And my TV is only 1080p? Its 50" THAT'S ONLY 44 DPI OMG I BETTER TRASH IT!!! Forget viewing distances I can't believe I enjoy this crap. I need at least an 8K tv to get a good dpi now I just need to wait about 6 years before I can own a tv again. And a 100" tv? Give me 16k and we can talk.

THIS ^^^

No one EVER comes over to my house, looks at my stunning 60" TV screen displaying a lower resolution (1920x1080p) than my 12.2 inch and 10.1 inch notes and says "OMG what a horrible picture". People comment all the time on how stunning the display is. This is 60" from a normal sitting distance. Yes, put your face up in front of it and you can see freaking pixels, but that is not how the TV was meant to be viewed. The same goes for these tablets. Yup, if you put your nose against the glass you can see pixels, but not at normal usage range. That's all that counts. I don't give a rats ass how the display looks in a way it was not meant to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Palladium

My brother has the 12.2 which I have actually used it so don't use the "you didn't tried it out hurr hurr" excuse to shut people up. Straight edges are clearly blurrier than my iPad Air. But hey if you like Samsung to continue selling you inferior specs at high prices be their guest.

I tried an iPad Air. I propped the tablet up, put it on the counter, went into the next room and I couldn't make out a thing on the browser window. This is the same backwards logic you use when talking about getting right up in front of it at an unrealistic closeness.
29th March 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 81

289 posts
Check Anandtech review to see how the Pentile display is better than the RGB display of Tab 8.4 in almost all criteria other than sharpness. It's more important.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread