Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob question

Tip us?

E30Nova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Noob question

Been waiting for today but now I don't know which phone to get lol.

I haven't used Sense since the Evo 4G and didn't really care for it, so I'm not sure if I'll like the new version or not. I'm wondering if I get the Verizon model, can I just install the GPE rom to get vanilla android? Obviously once the phone is rooted and all that jazz. I've never owned a phone that had a GPE edition so I don't know if you can flash the GPE rom on the non-GPE version...
Evo 4G - retired
Galaxy Note 2 - gone
HTC One (M8) - current daily driver

Frankie1588
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30Nova View Post

I haven't used Sense since the Evo 4G and didn't really care for it, so I'm not sure if I'll like the new version or not. I'm wondering if I get the Verizon model, can I just install the GPE rom to get vanilla android? Obviously once the phone is rooted and all that jazz. I've never owned a phone that had a GPE edition so I don't know if you can flash the GPE rom on the non-GPE version...
There is a good chance we will see GPE ROMs if we get root. The Verizon M7 did.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 (Verizon): ViperOne
Nexus 7 (1st Gen): VanirAOSP

Previous Devices:
HTC One M7 (Sold)
Motorola Droid Bionic

JoshuaFCB
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30Nova View Post

Or you can just install nova launcher or the Google play launcher until someone develops a GPE rom

E30Nova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Nice, well then I'll probably just get the Verizon model and if I don't like Sense, I'll just install a different launcher while waiting for a GPE rom.
Evo 4G - retired
Galaxy Note 2 - gone
HTC One (M8) - current daily driver

daboyal006
Old
Thanks Meter 13
After buying a nexus 5 , I'm refreshed to come back to sense after my first one device .. vanilla gets boring after so long

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

rotchcrocket04
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboyal006 View Post
After buying a nexus 5 , I'm refreshed to come back to sense after my first one device .. vanilla gets boring after so long

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app
Gotta agree with you there. Sense has always ended up being my go-to. Especially since the M7 and now the M8... it's just soooooo smooth. Even my friend with a Nexus 5 was impressed by how smooth it is.
HTC One (M8)
Old: HTC One (M7), HTC Inspire 4G, iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS/2G