Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the best, most stable, current rom?

Tip us?

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default What is the best, most stable, current rom?

Hey yall, been out the game for a little while.... just wondering what everyone is running as far as new roms. I always liked CM, maybe that's just cuz its the only one I really used.

I am obviously interested in KitKat roms now but I see a few different options so I was wondering what the differences were, and about stability, features, etc.

Thanks in advance!

huatz84
Old
Thanks Meter 222
I'm running Carbon nightly build 20140314-0511. It has more features which can't be found on CM11. Using it so far without glitches. No random reboots or freezing.
Using :
- Motorola Photon Q Sprint XT897c..
- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Verizon XT926

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatz84 View Post
I'm running Carbon nightly build 20140314-0511. It has more features which can't be found on CM11. Using it so far without glitches. No random reboots or freezing.
Is it a KitKat rom? What are the features that cant be found in CM?

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Well I went ahead and downloaded Carbon KK and while i do like the customization there seems to be a fatal flaw with restoring messages using programs like SMS Backup & Restore. I restored 10k messages to the phone using this app and when I did that I had to change Backup & Restore to the default app and it cannot send messages. So when i switch back to Messaging to enable sending then the program crashes or doesnt show or send any messages or conversations. It says to "leave the messaging app open for a while" but this seems really silly.

I always hold onto my messages so i can reference past conversations but apparently im unable to do that on KK roms. Seems really stupid.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Use Google Voice? Archive all your messages.

*shrug*

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Of course once i posted my response they all started magically working again............................................. ..