Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is the best, most stable, current rom?

OP matt2k12

29th March 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey yall, been out the game for a little while.... just wondering what everyone is running as far as new roms. I always liked CM, maybe that's just cuz its the only one I really used.

I am obviously interested in KitKat roms now but I see a few different options so I was wondering what the differences were, and about stability, features, etc.

Thanks in advance!
29th March 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Binjai,North Sumatra
Thanks Meter: 224

731 posts
I'm running Carbon nightly build 20140314-0511. It has more features which can't be found on CM11. Using it so far without glitches. No random reboots or freezing.
29th March 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatz84

I'm running Carbon nightly build 20140314-0511. It has more features which can't be found on CM11. Using it so far without glitches. No random reboots or freezing.

Is it a KitKat rom? What are the features that cant be found in CM?
29th March 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I went ahead and downloaded Carbon KK and while i do like the customization there seems to be a fatal flaw with restoring messages using programs like SMS Backup & Restore. I restored 10k messages to the phone using this app and when I did that I had to change Backup & Restore to the default app and it cannot send messages. So when i switch back to Messaging to enable sending then the program crashes or doesnt show or send any messages or conversations. It says to "leave the messaging app open for a while" but this seems really silly.

I always hold onto my messages so i can reference past conversations but apparently im unable to do that on KK roms. Seems really stupid.
29th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645

11,406 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use Google Voice? Archive all your messages.

*shrug*
29th March 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Of course once i posted my response they all started magically working again............................................. ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread