XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony ENDS Firmware Updates For Xperia S,SL,AcroS OFFICIALLY

Tip us?

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW View Post
I used to have a xperia t which got stolen and it had a snapdragon s4 and it is nowhere near as fast as my HTC one x with a Tegra 3. Battery life was awful on the xperia t and on my one x (which has a smaller battery).

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
We're going way off topic here. And let me get this straight, you had an Xperia T and now a HTC One X. So at what point did you have an Xperia S(L), Acro S or Ion? Because those are the devices this forum section is about (fuji board based devices that is).

About S4 Plus vs Tegra 3, you can't just compare like that. Did that Xperia T even have JB, because Sony's ICS firmware was very laggy. Most reviewers found the S4 Plus and Tegra 3 to be approximately as fast as each other. Tegra 3 has a better gpu which probably makes it feel more snappy. And bad battery life, compared to modern high end devices, One X and Xperia T had tiny batteries. Xperia Z2 has a 60% bigger battery than One X (and Xperia T because 50 mAh is no difference at all). Let's just say both of those devices had power issues. But there are S4 Plus devices with good battery life, it's just that Sony did a bad job with the Xperia T. On the other hand, most Tegra 3 devices have bad battery life, and it's not surprising considering it's made with 40nm transistors.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
We're going way off topic here. And let me get this straight, you had an Xperia T and now a HTC One X. So at what point did you have an Xperia S(L), Acro S or Ion? Because those are the devices this forum section is about (fuji board based devices that is).

About S4 Plus vs Tegra 3, you can't just compare like that. Did that Xperia T even have JB, because Sony's ICS firmware was very laggy. Most reviewers found the S4 Plus and Tegra 3 to be approximately as fast as each other. Tegra 3 has a better gpu which probably makes it feel more snappy. And bad battery life, compared to modern high end devices, One X and Xperia T had tiny batteries. Xperia Z2 has a 60% bigger battery than One X (and Xperia T because 50 mAh is no difference at all). Let's just say both of those devices had power issues. But there are S4 Plus devices with good battery life, it's just that Sony did a bad job with the Xperia T. On the other hand, most Tegra 3 devices have bad battery life, and it's not surprising considering it's made with 40nm transistors.
I have used a xperia s and flashed ROMs before and I found it to be a very bad phone. (It was my brothers)

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fireblade786
Old
Thanks Meter 0
feeling sad after reading this that we old users wont get hands on to the new official apps!!
Tags
xperia s