Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] don't disable lockscreen widgets on low memory devices

Tip us?

rogerlga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q] don't disable lockscreen widgets on low memory devices

Is this patch applied to our Defy's CM? Link: review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57572/ (please copy and paste. I'm not able to post links )

I'm currently using TJKV's SlimKat most recent build and Torch is the only widget that I'm used to have in lockscreen, it's very useful. However, lockscreen widget is disabled when I activate the "low memory option" in Aero Kernel. Could someone request it in the development thread? I'm not able to post in there yet.

Thanks!

sevenrock
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlga View Post
Is this patch applied to our Defy's CM? Link: review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57572/
Yes: https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_p...aa0eb7b184f0d8
Motorola Defy+ MB526 - BL7
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rogerlga
Old
(Last edited by rogerlga; 28th March 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@TJKV

Could you please take a look at the OP?
It has a request to keep lockscreen widgets enabled even when low memory option is activated. According to sevenrock's reply to my question, Quarx has already merged the patch to his tree. I have SK 3.85 flashed in my device, but when I activate the low memory option, the Torch widget in my lockscreen disappears, along with the Setting->Security->Widgets option.

Thanks!

TJKV
Old
Thanks Meter 2,355
Thanks for the (six) PM(s)!

Yes Quarx has merged it in automatically when he merged the cyanogenmod changes from upstream. ie the CM devs have implemented it. So here the slim devs have to add it, not me. I haven't forked settings app, that's why. You could ask them though. What is the issue, you know about the the double tap and hold the lockring for torch option? Under Security->Sider targets&shortcuts?
The Following User Says Thank You to TJKV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rogerlga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry man... I had error messages for each time I tried to send you a PM, so I thought it was not working Nothing shows up in my message history as well.
Didn't know about this option, but I normally disable the slider since I prefer to start tapping my PIN code as soon as I turn the screen on. What I'm used to do is to keep a Torch widget accessible from sliding the lockscreen to the right (sliding to the left I have the camera widget). Thank you for the clarifications anyway! SK builds are working like a charm!!

Roger