Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin error during firmware installation

Tip us?

Ammar1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b.jikre View Post
Dial *#1234# from dial pad. And text here the codes I'll redirect you to correct firmware which you may used to flash official.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ap : I317UCALJ2

CP: I317UCALJ2

CSC: I317ATTALJ2

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Great man, your phone is AT&T registered. I suggest you to install Philz Touch recovery before proceeding to backup efs partition otherwise you may lose phone identity. From which country you've bought this phone you say? Post it, we'll try to give your phone a new life.

Ammar1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Great man, your phone is AT&T registered. I suggest you to install Philz Touch recovery before proceeding to backup efs partition otherwise you may lose phone identity. From which country you've bought this phone you say? Post it, we'll try to give your phone a new life.

i got this phone in Pakistan, and i should mention if it helps i already downloaded the stock firmware for Pakistan region international note 2. i just couldnt put it on phone cuz Odin gives a read write error when i try it.

also this is the first time i'm doing this technical kinda stuff and im afraid of bricking the phone, so please explain each step to me thoroughly . thankx

i have downloaded philz touch recovery, is it ok to use it as shown in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg

P.S dont know what efs partition is ..

thanks

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammar1 View Post
i got this phone in Pakistan, and i should mention if it helps i already downloaded the stock firmware for Pakistan region international note 2. i just couldnt put it on phone cuz Odin gives a read write error when i try it.

also this is the first time i'm doing this technical kinda stuff and im afraid of bricking the phone, so please explain each step to me thoroughly . thankx

i have downloaded philz touch recovery, is it ok to use it as shown in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg

P.S dont know what efs partition is ..

thanks
Reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up+ menu and then power key this step will you bring you to the recovery menu.

1. Go on 'Backup & Restore' menu

2. Click on ' Custom backup to sdcard1(or sdcard whichever you have)'

3. Uncheck all options except efs.

4. Then after proceeding this backup your current efs_partition on sdcard or external storage which you selected in step 2.

Restart the phone, you notice it create a folder labeled clockworkmod on root directory, copy it to your pc before proceeding.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

(I'm considering that you've rooted phone.)

Then install Mobile Odin Pro on your phone(Pro would be reliable if you found, sorry but I can't help this fact).

1. In Mobile Odin select an option 'Open File' (Select your downloaded file with extension'.tar.md5').
2. Uncheck 'Ever Root' (If you don't want root).

3. Check 'Wipe data and a cache' & 'Wipe Dalvic cache'

4. Then select 'Flash firmware'.

This process would take around 10~20 mins and here you go you done your phone flashing and official with warranty.

Ammar1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default a

Quote:
Reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up+ menu and then power key this step will you bring you to the recovery menu.

4. Then after proceeding this backup your current efs_partition on sdcard or external storage which you selected in step 2.

Restart the phone, you notice it create a folder labeled clockworkmod on root directory, copy it to your pc before proceeding.

went into recovery mode, there is no "backup and restore menu" or anyhting like the steps u have written.
did u mean to do these steps after installing philz recovery? because i havnt installed that yet, i saw the video and the options shown in that guy's odin are not the one's i got in my odin. (v3.07), so i was afraid of selecting wrong option and messing things up.

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
went into recovery mode, there is no "backup and restore menu" or anyhting like the steps u have written.
did u mean to do these steps after installing philz recovery? because i havnt installed that yet, i saw the video and the options shown in that guy's odin are not the one's i got in my odin. (v3.07), so i was afraid of selecting wrong option and messing things up.
You are right all this steps are after installing Philz recovery. Download philz recovery and then flash it with under PDA tab in Odin pc s/w.

Ammar1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

(I'm considering that you've rooted phone.)

Then install Mobile Odin Pro on your phone(Pro would be reliable if you found, sorry but I can't help this fact).

1. In Mobile Odin select an option 'Open File' (Select your downloaded file with extension'.tar.md5').
2. Uncheck 'Ever Root' (If you don't want root).

3. Check 'Wipe data and a cache' & 'Wipe Dalvic cache'

4. Then select 'Flash firmware'.

This process would take around 10~20 mins and here you go you done your phone flashing and official with warranty.

well i checked and the phone is not rooted.

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
well i checked and the phone is not rooted.
Yes man, you need root for all this procedure. Go in note 2 development you'd find how to root and install custom recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to m.b.jikre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ammar1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok PDA tab , got that.. no chance of bricking this thing i hope

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
ok PDA tab , got that.. no chance of bricking this thing i hope
No chance, don't worry.