XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Troubleshoot battery issue - metrics inside

Tip us?

martinu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug Troubleshoot battery issue - metrics inside

My HOX+ battery has been acting strange for some time and I decided to monitor the battery drain/charge.

I've noticed a few problems:
1. From about 87-88% upwards, it doesn't seem to draw power anymore, it just goes up to 100%.
Click image for larger version

Name:	87 upwards.jpg
Views:	4533
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	2657437

2. From about 30% downwards, the drain % spikes up and quickly goes to 0%. When the battery reaches 30%, I know I can't do anything anymore or else it will die in ~10 minutes, if not less.

I dont know what causes the increase in power drain, I only had the screen turned on and even put the phone in airplane mode. You can see that before this starts happening, the battery drain was pretty stable around 400-500 mA, while watching HD Youtube videos over wi-fi (which also means that other apps were syncing; i have a few messaging apps and a few email accounts with sync on).

Name:	normal use drain.jpg
Views:	4030
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	2657439

Name:	low battery high drain.jpg
Views:	3900
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	2657443

3. Watching a movie or browsing some websites with Chrome browser will drain more power than the phone can draw from the wall charger. A full charge takes about 4 hours, even with wi-fi off.

I've tried charging with different HTC chargers and different HTC/standard USB cables, I didn't notice any difference. I don't get it, is the HOX+ really that bad, power-wise?

Please let me know if I can provide other logs or details.
I have the HOX+ international version, with the following specs:
CPU Tegra3 1.7mhz, 1GB RAM, 64GB storage
Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.0
not rooted, stock everything
HTC SDK API level 5.41

Is my battery faulty? Is it a software issue? The app is not reporting correct values? Is there anything to do?

/\/\
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Please read this topic first
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578185

When your battery level is above 80%, the charger changes the way of battery charging. I'm not an expert about energy, so I can't say what exactly it does, but if you google around about chargers, you will know it .