Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T310 charging problem

Tip us?

guest_2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default T310 charging problem

Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?

treetop777
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011 View Post
Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?
Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.

guest_2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.
I never forced the plug the wrong way, charge only from the wall using the original cable/adapter because pc usb 2.0 doesn't charge it and my other chargers have lower amps. No physical damage. Maybe it has something to do with root? I'll look into that kernel but don't want to make things worse in case i have to RMA. Happens intermittently, restarting makes charging work.

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

guest_2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.

Today happened at ~40%. Have you tried factory reset?

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Today happened at ~40%. Have you tried factory reset?
yea, everything. I remembered I also noticed it at higher %. You know when I noticed it the most was when I have it connected to pc to transfer a music lets say. Then I tried to charge and nothing.
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)