Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

T310 charging problem

OP guest_2011

28th March 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?
29th March 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 46
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?

Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.
29th March 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop777

Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.

I never forced the plug the wrong way, charge only from the wall using the original cable/adapter because pc usb 2.0 doesn't charge it and my other chargers have lower amps. No physical damage. Maybe it has something to do with root? I'll look into that kernel but don't want to make things worse in case i have to RMA. Happens intermittently, restarting makes charging work.
29th March 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #4  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 66
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?

no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.
29th March 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.


Today happened at ~40%. Have you tried factory reset?
29th March 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #6  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 66
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

Today happened at ~40%. Have you tried factory reset?

yea, everything. I remembered I also noticed it at higher %. You know when I noticed it the most was when I have it connected to pc to transfer a music lets say. Then I tried to charge and nothing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes