Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Isis with root?

Tip us?

gsxrfl1k6
Old
(Last edited by gsxrfl1k6; 31st March 2014 at 02:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Isis with root?

Does anyone know how to get Isis working on a rooted M8? Does that fix that was posted for the S4 work?

I have a free 50.00 in there that I wanna spend!

UPDATE: For those asking the same question. If you get xposed framework installed and use the Isis root bypass apk from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425346, it will work just fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxrfl1k6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tikerz
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Works great. Just got my free $50!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
LG G3
LG G Watch
LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

suprtrukr425
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfl1k6 View Post
Does anyone know how to get Isis working on a rooted M8? Does that fix that was posted for the S4 work?

I have a free 50.00 in there that I wanna spend!

UPDATE: For those asking the same question. If you get xposed framework installed and use the Isis root bypass apk from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425346, it will work just fine.
If you install Xposed framework, there is a module that will mask root from apps that won't work with a rooted phone.
AT&T HTC One (M8) - unlocked/s-off/rooted stock
Asus Transformer TF701T - unlocked/rooted stock
The Following User Says Thank You to suprtrukr425 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

txtech89
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sweet thanks will try this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

racedog
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtech89 View Post
Sweet thanks will try this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Had a lot of trouble getting this working. Xposed wouldn't install on my m8 and then the Isis said that it wouldn't work with a rooted phone. Here's how I got it to work, YMMV!

I went into xposed and instead of the classical install, I set it to the second option, it downloaded a zip file, rebooted the phone into twrp, installed the zip and then rebooted the phone again normally. After that, I opened up Isis and this time the "phone is rooted" dialogue was gone and now I have my $50 back.

Thanks to the OP for this. Hated to lose that free $50 because it was going to buy my tempered glass screen cover tomorrow and now it still is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racedog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]