Ask a question

No registration required

[q] i have 2 copys of cwm on ext sdcard and cant delete them

OP shotgun1976

25th March 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
I have 2 clockworkmods on my external sdcard. One is of course clockworkmod and the other i named original clockworkmod. Firstly if i try restore them i get a md5 mismatch and yes i have opened the nandroid.md5 and wiped it, but the eror still occurs. So i dont want them. I keep deleteing them and not even 5 mins later they are back. I copyied everything to my pc and formatted my ext sdcard and copyied everything back but thos 2 directories. And know and god knows how they have came back again. I have disabled samsung link, google drive and all other programs as such. Could it be my gmail accounts. I hate sync and never used it but i synced my gmail accounts just last week. Could this be the problem. Plz any help would be great
25th March 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun1976

I have 2 clockworkmods on my external sdcard. One is of course clockworkmod and the other i named original clockworkmod. Firstly if i try restore them i get a md5 mismatch and yes i have opened the nandroid.md5 and wiped it, but the eror still occurs. So i dont want them. I keep deleteing them and not even 5 mins later they are back. I copyied everything to my pc and formatted my ext sdcard and copyied everything back but thos 2 directories. And know and god knows how they have came back again. I have disabled samsung link, google drive and all other programs as such. Could it be my gmail accounts. I hate sync and never used it but i synced my gmail accounts just last week. Could this be the problem. Plz any help would be great

Ahh, I see it's You back again
Gmail shouldn't sync anything, so it shouldn't be the reason.
Maybe those files are kept under "emulated/0/" or just in the "0" folder on the sdcard.
Make sure You delete them also (if You have "0" folder).
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA sucks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA sucks

Ahh, I see it's You back again
Gmail shouldn't sync anything, so it shouldn't be the reason.
Maybe those files are kept under "emulated/0/" or just in the "0" folder on the sdcard.
Make sure You delete them also (if You have "0" folder).

I will give that a go but I think its my ext sdcard. I have had a another problem, I was at work and came across some damaged goods so I took a good 7 photos of them. I was looking at them for about 15 to 20 mins. a few hours later got back to work and came to show my boss and they were gone. I was thinking wtf so I took a few photos of just anything waited a while check and they also disappeared. I then took a photo and moved it to my internal memory and its fine. I am thinking my ext sdcard is corrupt or got a virus or something. anybody got any ideas or had the same problem ????? I just checked using root browser and found emulated/0 and they are not in there. under emulated I have a "0" directory and a "legacy" directory. both don't have any clockworkmod backups. man this really doing my head in
Last edited by shotgun1976; 29th March 2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: mistake in reply
29th March 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun1976

I will give that a go but I think its my ext sdcard. I have had a another problem, I was at work and came across some damaged goods so I took a good 7 photos of them. I was looking at them for about 15 to 20 mins. a few hours later got back to work and came to show my boss and they were gone. I was thinking wtf so I took a few photos of just anything waited a while check and they also disappeared. I then took a photo and moved it to my internal memory and its fine. I am thinking my ext sdcard is corrupt or got a virus or something. anybody got any ideas or had the same problem ????? I just checked using root browser and found emulated/0 and they are not in there. under emulated I have a "0" directory and a "legacy" directory. both don't have any clockworkmod backups. man this really doing my head in

I think you must be using some sort of unwanted (or wrong configured) program.
Try freezing all of your apps, make a try with with files, defreeze some of the apps and repeat the whole procedure until You find a guilty program.
It takes a lot of time, but it's worth of it.
You can also try fining programs that can be guilty just by checking permissions, which apps are allowed to write on sdcard.
The sdcard can't delete files by itself, you must have some program that does that. Check all of Your apps if the configuration is right, idk. some backup programs, hosting programs and also make a virus check!
I hope You will be able to find it soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA sucks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread