Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Email Sync After KitKat update

OP rmc69

8th March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

80 posts
More
Since the update to kitkat, my S4 has been syncing and downloading email messages right around midnight (11:42 last night, 12:04 the night before, etc.) I have a pop3 email account set up (Comcast) and sync is turned on except that I have sync settings set to manual. Before kitkat, it would only retrieve email when I opened the app and actually hit the sync button. What changed in kitkat to cause it to retrieve email late at night? I've checked the settings and searched the forum. Any ideas? I could turn sync off entirely, but would have to turn it on each time I want to manually retrieve my email.
8th March 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 803

1,482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc69

Since the update to kitkat, my S4 has been syncing and downloading email messages right around midnight (11:42 last night, 12:04 the night before, etc.) I have a pop3 email account set up (Comcast) and sync is turned on except that I have sync settings set to manual. Before kitkat, it would only retrieve email when I opened the app and actually hit the sync button. What changed in kitkat to cause it to retrieve email late at night? I've checked the settings and searched the forum. Any ideas? I could turn sync off entirely, but would have to turn it on each time I want to manually retrieve my email.

Go to e-mail : Menu button-> settings->Account Settings->Click on e-mail you want to change Sync etc... Sync settings...

Good luck..
8th March 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

80 posts
More
Thanks. I've already done that before I posted. All are set to manual sync. I will try deleting and setting up account again.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4
8th March 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Press on gmail app from the phone and it will pop up sync email enable or disable. Uf you enable then them. Do for serveal time order it to eat. I have the same issues. Be careful with pop setup it pulling everything from the servers and transfer to ur phone without make copy to the servers, unless that is what u want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
28th March 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
More
I have the same issue, two email accounts set to manual sync that automatically pull emails once a day without me opening the program.
28th March 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

80 posts
More
The only solution I've found is to turn on sync each time you want to check your email and then off again when you're done. This is a hassle and I wish there was a better solution. Something has to be triggering the event.
29th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I'm also having this same problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread