Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Email Sync After KitKat update

Tip us?

rmc69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Email Sync After KitKat update

Since the update to kitkat, my S4 has been syncing and downloading email messages right around midnight (11:42 last night, 12:04 the night before, etc.) I have a pop3 email account set up (Comcast) and sync is turned on except that I have sync settings set to manual. Before kitkat, it would only retrieve email when I opened the app and actually hit the sync button. What changed in kitkat to cause it to retrieve email late at night? I've checked the settings and searched the forum. Any ideas? I could turn sync off entirely, but would have to turn it on each time I want to manually retrieve my email.

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc69 View Post
Since the update to kitkat, my S4 has been syncing and downloading email messages right around midnight (11:42 last night, 12:04 the night before, etc.) I have a pop3 email account set up (Comcast) and sync is turned on except that I have sync settings set to manual. Before kitkat, it would only retrieve email when I opened the app and actually hit the sync button. What changed in kitkat to cause it to retrieve email late at night? I've checked the settings and searched the forum. Any ideas? I could turn sync off entirely, but would have to turn it on each time I want to manually retrieve my email.
Go to e-mail : Menu button-> settings->Account Settings->Click on e-mail you want to change Sync etc... Sync settings...

Good luck..

rmc69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks. I've already done that before I posted. All are set to manual sync. I will try deleting and setting up account again.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4

Smartphone_LC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Press on gmail app from the phone and it will pop up sync email enable or disable. Uf you enable then them. Do for serveal time order it to eat. I have the same issues. Be careful with pop setup it pulling everything from the servers and transfer to ur phone without make copy to the servers, unless that is what u want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

mpsrent
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have the same issue, two email accounts set to manual sync that automatically pull emails once a day without me opening the program.

rmc69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
The only solution I've found is to turn on sync each time you want to check your email and then off again when you're done. This is a hassle and I wish there was a better solution. Something has to be triggering the event.

clickityclack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm also having this same problem.