Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

next official update???

29th March 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

153 posts
As title says....does anyone have any info on this or is it still pie in the sky
31st March 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 69

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFCLEE

As title says....does anyone have any info on this or is it still pie in the sky

April seems like a time for us. Could be as late as the end of the month.

I may keep my 4.2.2 as I have it the way I like it. Bug free and clean.
16th April 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

153 posts
Annoying the hell out of me checking for an update daily.....

If anyone has info please let me know, looking forward to unleashing notifications on my gear

Thanks

Lee

Sent from my GT-N5120 using xda app-developers app
17th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 176

445 posts
Good rule of thumb here, regarding his topic: if you have to ask, the answer is no. Believe me, as soon as any information is known, somebody will make a thread about it. But generally speaking, if all you see are threads about "when are we getting KK," the implication is that the answer is unknown. For the record, there is one thread regarding this in the Q&A section, and two threads in the General section, all on the front page.
17th April 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
What exactly does KK have that is so important? I really don't see why people are so worried about this update coming out. Will the experience of using the note 8.0 be dramatically different on 4.4? Someone please fill me in.
17th April 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #6  
Brooklyn NY
Thanks Meter: 50

333 posts
Me myself I'm not that anxious for it. But people like the OP would like to pair it with Gear devices.
17th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 41

253 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorefork

What exactly does KK have that is so important? I really don't see why people are so worried about this update coming out. Will the experience of using the note 8.0 be dramatically different on 4.4? Someone please fill me in.

It's not KK as much as it is some issues that I have running 4.1.2 on my AT&T variant. I still get the screen freeze bug which annoys me to no end. So yeah, I would like the upgrade so I don't have to deal with things that should've been working outside of the box.
17th April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 176

445 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorefork

Unless you want compatibility with Gear (which is not guaranteed) or think that 4.4.2 will fix some bug that's present in your current setup, the answer is that there is nothing substantially different. I am running official 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4. Outside of the information bar icon color scheme and the fact that most apps can no longer access the SD card, nothing is better, faster, etc. It looks, feels, and performs exactly the same.
18th April 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767

Unless you want compatibility with Gear (which is not guaranteed) or think that 4.4.2 will fix some bug that's present in your current setup, the answer is that there is nothing substantially different. I am running official 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4. Outside of the information bar icon color scheme and the fact that most apps can no longer access the SD card, nothing is better, faster, etc. It looks, feels, and performs exactly the same.

I guess I'm fortunate that I don't know what Gear is.

The only bug I'm having on 4.2.2 is the multi-window button disappearing sometimes even when the feature is turned on. Besides that, everything is working smoothly.
18th April 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #10  
Flag HYDERABAD
Thanks Meter: 503

2,040 posts
More
The new update is important for
1. Trim is included in 4.3 onwards..makes your tab faster
2. Air command for s pen ...unleashes the power of the s pen
3. Less ram consumption and faster on kit kat
4. Blue tooth LE. ..faster and lower battery consumption
5. New flatter icons and UI....consume less system space....faster device
6. Support for gear devices