5,600,664 Members 37,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP Unfortunately SuperSu has stopped

Tip us?

flynhawn2002
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The KNOX apps casuing the issues were prolly wiped off your phone. Good job!

JuliusKarlsson
Old
(Last edited by JuliusKarlsson; 4th March 2014 at 03:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problems like the rest of u, then i came across this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=24

And no more reinstalling supersu after every reboot. I think its a 4.3 update thing rather than what samsung model u got. I have a s3 (gt-i9305n) worked fine on that too. I didnt get the notification Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked, hopefully that will go away too. Rooted with cf-auto from the OTA 4.3 update.

SharpKami
Old
(Last edited by SharpKami; 27th March 2014 at 11:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTI=jdougs;50789169]I keep having to go back into the file explorer and installing it. It will work for a while then out of the blue it pops up and says it has quit. I am very skeptical to try and go through the flash process to install a different ROM. Currently bone stock 4.3 eff bomb. Any suggestions?

JD[/QUOTE]

I hope you have fixed your problem by now but for those who are still struggling, what worked for me was that I opened the supersu while it was working then went into the settings of the supersu there was an option called ''Reinstall'' , (that uninstalls supersu for you) did that and went onto play store to reinstall and its been working like a charm ever since even after a reboot.
Hope it helps

jdougs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flashed for the good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKami View Post
[QUOTI=jdougs;50789169]I keep having to go back into the file explorer and installing it. It will work for a while then out of the blue it pops up and says it has quit. I am very skeptical to try and go through the flash process to install a different ROM. Currently bone stock 4.3 eff bomb. Any suggestions?

JD
I hope you have fixed your problem by now but for those who are still struggling, what worked for me was that I opened the supersu while it was working then went into the settings of the supersu there was an option called ''Reinstall'' , (that uninstalls supersu for you) did that and went onto play store to reinstall and its been working like a charm ever since even after a reboot.
Hope it helps[/QUOTE]

Yes sorry I failed to update the post. Once I flashed to JellyBomb SU has stuck. I have flashed the latest Cyanogenmod a couple different times just fooling around and all is well.

JD

acheney1990
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettojcm View Post
Everyone I figured out a simple solution to this. I got my phone back on the 13 from replacement. On the 16 I tried to root for the first time. And KNOX led me into a panic. Reading all the forums and knox blocked every attempt I made, but I neat that bitch into the ground.

1. Get some kind of file Explorer and find the SuperSU apk.
2. ReInstall that bad boy.
3. Immediately after install a message will appear asking if SuperSU can try to disable KNOX.
4. Click it quickly, if you don't knox will try to block it again.
5. You should now have KNOX out of the way. You should now be free to delete that slut!

I chose system app safe remover and searched for all files with KNOX and deleted it. I feel you could probably kill it with any root explorer and know the files you are looking for.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
That worked like a charm. Thanks so much!