Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with a custom boot animation.

Tip us?

MintyMeatballs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingT View Post
Nothing wrong with your zip afaik. 7zip shows no compression.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

What is the complete ROM and flashed mods that you are running?

I *think* I'm using the stock ROM - as dumb as this sounds, I don't completely remember.

I do remember using ODIN to flash CWM and a couple of .zips to enable the custom bootscreen. Other than that, no other flashed mods apart from the ones installed via XPOSED.

I can use other custom boot animations, and they work fine. It just seems mine is a tad bit glitched. Does it work on your phone?

laughingT
Old
(Last edited by laughingT; 30th March 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
I just booted with your bootanimation.zip on my sgh-i747 that is running cm10.2.1 stable, jb 4.3. I made sure perms set to 644 before booting.

It runs without any problem, after the sgs3 cm splash screens and loops repeatedly until boot completed and my lockscreen appears.

It is something in your rom; most likely designed to run qmg.
perhaps the settings, or the kernel, or syscntrl, or buildprops could me modded. I have no idea.
Your bootanimation.zip is fine.

Probably best to flash a complete AOSP or TW rom that supports custom bootanimations.

SGH-I747 (AT&T Galaxy S III, August 2013 build date),
Firmware: CM 10.2.1-d2att, with stock 4.3 modem: I747UCUEMJB.
The Following User Says Thank You to laughingT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]