Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FREE] Dodge it, and endless arcade game

Tip us?

gamazing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [FREE] Dodge it, and endless arcade game

Hello everyone!

If you enjoyed flappy bird, you probably would enjoy this brand new game!

Easy instructons, fancy gameplay and much more!

Check out the video!

youtube.com/watch?v=QWmG1yZA5Sg

Screenshots:

Instructions: left- or right side touch will rotate the arrow, avoid the schrinking shapes and get the highest score possible!

Free download:

Android:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.DodgeIt"

mrdoug
Old
(Last edited by mrdoug; 29th March 2014 at 05:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
EDIT:

OK, played it a bit more. Definitely a fun game. Very similar to super hexagon or nano hexagon, just not as frantic. I can usually only play those for 10-20 seconds. This one I can hang on a bit longer (yet still quick and challenging). Kudos on that.

If I could make a suggestion... The ball with an arrow seems out of place. I don't know if it is too simplistic or just plain our of place. Maybe just an arrowhead? Just a suggestion.

One question... Why the read phone call number permissions? I'm always cautious of what appears to be unnecessary permissions.

Thanks.

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrdoug For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gamazing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dodge it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
EDIT:

OK, played it a bit more. Definitely a fun game. Very similar to super hexagon or nano hexagon, just not as frantic. I can usually only play those for 10-20 seconds. This one I can hang on a bit longer (yet still quick and challenging). Kudos on that.

If I could make a suggestion... The ball with an arrow seems out of place. I don't know if it is too simplistic or just plain our of place. Maybe just an arrowhead? Just a suggestion.

One question... Why the read phone call number permissions? I'm always cautious of what appears to be unnecessary permissions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's my first released app so some things might be strange, as for the phone call number permissions, I have no idea why it should ask for that, maybe because I have the facebook SDK implemented?

As for the ball with the arrow, I first tried an arrow, but it makes it all weird to dodge the shapes because the ball or circle in the middle gives you the illusion of a boundary for the arrow to rotate around. Or something. Its hard to explain in English for me...

Really thanks for the possitive comments and feedback

Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to gamazing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrdoug
Old
(Last edited by mrdoug; 29th March 2014 at 07:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamazing View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

It's my first released app so some things might be strange, as for the phone call number permissions, I have no idea why it should ask for that, maybe because I have the facebook SDK implemented?

As for the ball with the arrow, I first tried an arrow, but it makes it all weird to dodge the shapes because the ball or circle in the middle gives you the illusion of a boundary for the arrow to rotate around. Or something. Its hard to explain in English for me...

Really thanks for the possitive comments and feedback

Nick
Oops forgot to mention. The link in your original post does not work (shows up as text, not a url). This might be because yours is a new XDA account.

Here is the link for everyone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cebook.DodgeIt

As well as the YouTube preview :

youtube.com/watch?v=QWmG1yZA5Sg

gamazing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
Oops forgot to mention. The link in your original post does not work (shows up as text, not a url). This might be because yours is a new XDA account.

Here is the link for everyone:

[Look above, I can't put links]

As well as the YouTube preview :

[Look above, I can't put links]

Thanks again

mrdoug
Old
(Last edited by mrdoug; 15th April 2014 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Edit x2:

Here is the phone permission I was asking about:

Phone calls: Allows the app to access the phone features of this device. This permission allow the app to determine the phone number and device is, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.

As well as a link to the Mobile Sandbox breakdown of permissions in use:

http://mobilesandbox.org/xml_report_static/?q=359123