Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

Tip us?

fronc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Default [Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0

fronc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc View Post
The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!

Frankie1588
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!
I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 (Verizon): ViperOne
Nexus 7 (1st Gen): VanirAOSP

Previous Devices:
HTC One M7 (Sold)
Motorola Droid Bionic

fronc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588 View Post
I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.
Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.

steelersmb
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.
I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.

Izeltokatl
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

fronc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl View Post
I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

For my purposes, I'm trying to find a one-handed solution. So 3 fingers is no help when the phone is in-hand. But thanks for sharing your idea!

krazya
Old
Thanks Meter 9
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.

fronc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazya View Post
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.
I think you're on to something.... I'm going to experiment with this. Thanks!

sidepocket
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.
This is how I do it. Just a single finger swipe upwards shuts my screen off, then a double tap turns it back on. Works great for me!

Now if only someone could figure out how to get double tap (to wake) working in landscape mode.