Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

Tip us?
 
fronc
Old
#1  
fronc's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 509
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Bank

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0
 
fronc
Old
#2  
fronc's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 509
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Bank

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc View Post
The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0
 
Frankie1588
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 561
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc View Post
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!
I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 (Verizon): ViperOne
Nexus 7 (1st Gen): VanirAOSP

Previous Devices:
HTC One M7 (Sold)
Motorola Droid Bionic
 
fronc
Old
#4  
fronc's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 509
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Bank

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588 View Post
I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.
Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0
 
steelersmb
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 573
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc View Post
Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.
I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.
 
Izeltokatl
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 928
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So Cal
I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
fronc
Old
#7  
fronc's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 509
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Bank

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl View Post
I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
For my purposes, I'm trying to find a one-handed solution. So 3 fingers is no help when the phone is in-hand. But thanks for sharing your idea!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0
 
krazya
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2013
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.
 
fronc
Old
#9  
fronc's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 509
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Bank

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazya View Post
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.
I think you're on to something.... I'm going to experiment with this. Thanks!
HTC One (m8) | Verizon Wireless 4G LTE | HTC Sense 6.0
 
sidepocket
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.
This is how I do it. Just a single finger swipe upwards shuts my screen off, then a double tap turns it back on. Works great for me!

Now if only someone could figure out how to get double tap (to wake) working in landscape mode.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more