[Q] Super sensitive power button(disable?)

30th March 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Attalla, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

127 posts
More
A few weeks ago my power button started freaking out. It has become super sensitive to were if I touch it it will either hit about 3 quick times(screen off, on, off) or bring up the power menu.
I'm running CM so I have volume and home button wake and a lock screen widget on my home screen and in the pull down menu.
My problem is that it is getting more and more sensitive to were I would like to be able to disable the button while the phone is on. Is that possible at all.
Thanks
30th March 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 354

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
The beginning of a sticky power button. You'll need to clean it out. Some have said to use canned air, others have said taking it apart. Its a known Samsung issue which I think is why they keep the home button.
4th April 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag windsor
Thanks Meter: 20

147 posts
More
This video made me laugh my ass off until I thought, what the heck, and tried it on my wifes phone and it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSbBG4NV-w

I removed the back cover to get closer to the button and flicked the crap out of both sides of the power button until my finger was killing me, it has been two weeks now with no recurrence of the problem.
4th April 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toledo Ohio
Thanks Meter: 53

980 posts
More
If you want to disable the power key in the future, it's under system/usr/keylayout/sec_powerkey.kl

When you open it up you should see this,

key 116 POWER WAKE

To disable it, just change it to this.
#key 116 POWER WAKE

Just make sure to back it up first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, disable, power
Previous Thread Next Thread