Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T i337 on I9505 ROM, no service

Tip us?

mariokiller64
Old
(Last edited by mariokiller64; 21st March 2014 at 06:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default AT&T i337 on I9505 ROM, no service

So I have a SGH-i337 AT&T S4 and I put a i9505 rom on it. I'm having troubles connecting to AT&T's LTE, in fact, I'm having a hard time connecting to anything at all. Texting still works, but browsing the web and MMS is a problem. I thought flashing the modem would work, but I pretty much tried all the modem files in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496517
and nothing is doing anything at all.

Model: AT&T SGH-i337
Rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2372286 ECHOE rom
I used the "Deadly Venom KitKat Magic Tool" if that makes a difference.

The APN is configured to use AT&T's network, mobile data and data roaming is both checked, I switched to GSM network mode and it kind of worked, just very very slowly. Way too slowly...I go back to LTE/WCDMA/GSM, nothing works at all.

dirt
Old
Thanks Meter 774
Are you sure your app settings are correct? I've used both attached below with several different roms, both att builds and i9505 builds. I've never had an issue after using these apn settings. I also use shabby penguins auto loki recovery so I never have to deal with the loki doki zip.

tapatalked from my at&t s4

mariokiller64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gp3n View Post
Are you sure your app settings are correct? I've used both attached below with several different roms, both att builds and i9505 builds. I've never had an issue after using these apn settings. I also use shabby penguins auto loki recovery so I never have to deal with the loki doki zip.

Yup, those are all set correctly. I decided to go with a I337 based rom and it's working perfectly now. I was just hoping to use that rom. Well, I do like to tinker around with things. I might try a couple more roms.

dirt
Old
Thanks Meter 774
It must be something to do with using safe strap. Working fine for me when I disable wifi. I dont use safe strap though since I rooted before we had to use it.

C13v3r0n3
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
You need to flash an at&t specific kernel, if you Loki doki the i9505 kernel WiFi and other things will be broken.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

dirt
Old
Thanks Meter 774
I rarely flash at&t specific kernels. I flash i9505 kernels with shabby penguins auto loki recovery with no issues. using Adam kernel 2.1 from Wanam right now.

SelfElevated2
Old
Thanks Meter 253
It's the not the kernel. It's your apns. You need to change your apn to your carriers and hit save. Then bam you'll have data. . Some roms have your apns already. But every once and awhile you'll come across a rom that doesn't and you have to manually set it.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Edit. Sorry just seen you already checked your apns. O well I guess just flash a different rom

C13v3r0n3
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Flash a att kernel and see.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app