28th March 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #11  
Flag Kraków/Katowice
Thanks Meter: 52

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantefff

Right. The kernel is the problem but there is no way to make a flashable and modified ftf file.
The way cold be developing a cwm for locked bootloaders and then flash a prerooted rom in zip format or a stock rom and then a rooting patch.

Enviado desde mi LT30p mediante Tapatalk

I think CWM is not necessary. Any way to copy all 4.3 system files with su binares (to partition /system with transfer all permissions) should works, then flash 4.3 kernel. But it should be done before Android core will start (otherwise Android will crash before you copy all files), maybe add in init.d or any other boot file, script which copy all 4.3 files with all privileges...
I don't have this phone now so i can't test it.
Last edited by Pacjonek; 28th March 2014 at 11:45 PM.
30th March 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 167

768 posts
More
Any methods found to root phones which have locked bootloader? This is really sad

Only way to gain root without voiding warranty is to go back to stock 4.1.2,then take backup of ta partition , unlock the bootloader, and flash 4.3 ftf..

Else if we unlock the bootloader on 4.3,we can't relock it again as we can't take backup of ta partition

Anyone working on it?

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrikos48

Sounds good, but I have a question. How are you going to install the recovery in the first place? Couldn't you just use this method to inject the su binary?

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Even I did have the same doubt, how we going to install the cwm? By flashing a stock 4.3 kernel which have cwm?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread