Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 54,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stable roms

Tip us?

swapnil0545
Old
(Last edited by swapnil0545; 30th March 2014 at 08:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Stable roms

Hello guyz,

I m using philz touch recovery and tried aosb, cm 11, etc but each rom had one or the other problem in it.

1.Can I install the 4.1.2 mex retail zip after a wipe and clean or do i have to go back to earlier version of the recovery?

Which are the most stable roms out yet? Where everything works great... like in the mex retail and the ics. Which has some good dev options in it like paranoid android

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,860
Well, hate to say this, but every custom (non-stock) rom, regardless of Android version, has some sort of an issue. You either gotta find one that you can live with or stay stock. HoloBlur is probably what you're looking for -- Custom based on Mex Retail. Going back to stock, you're better of just flashing a fastboot with Myth and skipping the recovery flash, boot into recovery and let it root it for you as well as fix the recovery crap in /etc.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

russian392
Old
(Last edited by russian392; 31st March 2014 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil0545 View Post
Hello guyz,

I m using philz touch recovery and tried aosb, cm 11, etc but each rom had one or the other problem in it.

1.Can I install the 4.1.2 mex retail zip after a wipe and clean or do i have to go back to earlier version of the recovery?

Which are the most stable roms out yet? Where everything works great... like in the mex retail and the ics. Which has some good dev options in it like paranoid android
shouldnt you have a backup of stock so you could restore it and then just wipe data?

and i use cm11 cause the only 2 problems i have is a) the kit kat wifi issue and b) google play music will restart the phone if the screen is off. by cm 11 i mean the "official latest nightly) which was released a month ago and runs ten times faster than slim kat or any other rom ive used so far.
NEXUS 5
Motorola Atrix HD - White - Cyanogenmod 11
HTC First - White - AOSP 4.1.2 Rooted
HTC One (M7) - Silver - Cyanogenmod 11
ZTE Avail - AOSP 2.3.7
LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod 10.2
XDA Premium

frankslan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
shouldnt you have a backup of stock so you could restore it and then just wipe data?

and i use cm11 cause the only 2 problems i have is a) the kit kat wifi issue and b) google play music will restart the phone if the screen is off. by cm 11 i mean the "official latest nightly) which was released a month ago and runs ten times faster than slim kat or any other rom ive used so far.
Hey whats the kit kat wifi issue and do think it will get sorted out soon? Im also trying to decide what rom to install looking for something stable like op.