[GUIDE] Flash Official US Global Firmware to European/Internationl devices

Tip us?

darkeingel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberthcordova View Post
What happend if i use the "US_retail_XT1032_KXB20.9-1.8-1.4_CFC.bat" file for flash my Moto GĻ?
If you flash other rom than the one I indicated by me I can't guarantee that it will work correctly.

But probably that bat file is containing /flashall and might be just fine.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - 4.4.2 - Greenify'd & Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to darkeingel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Morrissex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
@darkeingel: First off, thanks for replying.

Yes, the Chilean version is XT1032 (I forgot to mention that, sorry). My above question arises as I have been reading some users in other forums have flashed the "Chilean" modem file as they mentioned the one that comes in the US rom file has problems when connecting to 3G/H+ here (they argue it has non-compatible bands). I bought my contract-free MotoG from the mobile carrier "Movistar Chile" and as they have a local firmware version (Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.Movistar.en.CL) I thought it would cause 3G problems.

If it does cause 3G problems, how can I flash the Chilean modem? Or would I be able to not flash the USA modem so the Chilean one keeps intact?

A final question: is it really mandatory to unlock the bootloader in order to flash the USA version in order to update it to 4.4.2?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

darkeingel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissex View Post
@darkeingel: First off, thanks for replying.

Yes, the Chilean version is XT1032 (I forgot to mention that, sorry). My above question arises as I have been reading some users in other forums have flashed the "Chilean" modem file as they mentioned the one that comes in the US rom file has problems when connecting to 3G/H+ here (they argue it has non-compatible bands). I bought my contract-free MotoG from the mobile carrier "Movistar Chile" and as they have a local firmware version (Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.Movistar.en.CL) I thought it would cause 3G problems.

If it does cause 3G problems, how can I flash the Chilean modem? Or would I be able to not flash the USA modem so the Chilean one keeps intact?

A final question: is it really mandatory to unlock the bootloader in order to flash the USA version in order to update it to 4.4.2?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
XT1032 is the Global GSM version and should support "global" frequences that normal carriers around the globe are using - check your carrier spectrum - and if it's not something that isn't normal you should go for it and after that reply.

Global firmwares have configs for all the networks around the globe - apn and modem files?

Check and reply back.

Bootloader in my case was unlocked but various stated that isn't necessary.

Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

The Following User Says Thank You to darkeingel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Morrissex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Ok, I followed each step and after rebooting my Moto G it reboots to recovery (tried without unlocking the bootloader). Should I try using fastboot again?

darkeingel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissex View Post
Ok, I followed each step and after rebooting my Moto G it reboots to recovery (tried without unlocking the bootloader). Should I try using fastboot again?
You need to specifically use mfastboot - motorola fastboot version for it's devices.

Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

Morrissex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
You need to specifically use mfastboot - motorola fastboot version for it's devices.
@darkeingel:

I used mfastboot to flash the files but it gave me some errors when pushing them (more especifically, these files were recovery.img, system.img_sparsechunk1 and system.img_sparsechunk3). After unlocking the bootloader, I could push them successfully.

In conclusion, it's kinda compulsory to unlock the bootloader.

BTW, I just downloaded the OTA and it's installing now.

Thanks for all your help and patience, buddy! You are awesome!

Giorge Passos
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default HELP

I was with Asia Stock 4.4.2 retail, and threw it over, I am now no Wifi signal and no carrier signal, Can you help me?

PS: My Moto G is the XT1033 but only use 1 chip.

Charwinger21
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can we get a final word on the software vs. hardware limitation for the frequency bands?

If it is just software that is disabling AWS on some of the north american variants, then that could be quite interesting.

krlox_rokr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Thanks!

i got some problems with (system.img_sparsechunk) but i can flash a GB varian the only diferent is that in this rom is that change the name of the system.img_sparsechunk1 / system.img_sparsechunk2 / system.img_sparsechunk

For: system.img_sparsechunk.0 / system.img_sparsechunk.1 / system.img_sparsechunk.2

so if you wanna flash other firm check the final of the (system.img_sparsechunk)

"Live to die".. Carlos B. / Evadroid 0.1